Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

cost to install dual fuel rangemaster and extractor fan

mklanch · 23/09/2022 16:11

hi,
can anyone tell me the rough cost i would expect to pay for someone to come and connect a dual fuel rangemaster cooker (90cm) and a extractor fan.
i already have gas and electric where the current cooker is.
i'm in Lincolnshire if that makes any difference.
thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

mklanch · 23/09/2022 17:27

anyone?

OP's posts:
Please
or

hedgehoglurker · Yesterday 08:28

We bought an electric range from AO.com to replace a dual fuel. I can't remember cost, sorry, but we used their delivery, fitting and removal service as it seemed great value and was convenient.

Have you ordered the new range already and do they not offer fitting?

Please
or

hedgehoglurker · Yesterday 08:38

I just checked, they currently charge £95 for installing a gas cooker, which includes disconnecting the old.

Please
or

mklanch · Yesterday 12:36

we moved into this house some months ago but the oven broke so we managed to buy one from a friend and she was redoing her kitchen.
we have disconnected our old cooker (electric). but we need them to put an extractor fan in (as we have a very old one that looks like a bathroom fan). then they need to put the range cooker in and connect it to both the mains and the gas. possibly move some plugs to the side.
we have been quoted £210, we thought this was a bit expensive.

OP's posts:
Please
or

hedgehoglurker · Yesterday 12:46

Bumping for you. It does sound like a fair bit more work. Do you have the new cooker in place and disposed of the old one already, or are they doing any of this too? Hopefully you've ensured they are Gas Safe registered and electrically competent.

Please
or

roses2 · Yesterday 13:33

It depends on whether you need electrics updating also? If you need a gas safe person to connect + a new electrical connection then £215 sounds about right. If it's just gas & to wire a plug to the mains then it's a little high but even so £150 would be the ballpark for that as it's still half a day of someone's time.

Please
or

Nat6999 · Yesterday 13:35

It cost me £100 to have a duel fuel cooker installed 10 years ago, you have to pay for the flexible gas pipe as cookers don't come with one so that buyers don't fit them themselves & risk gas leaks. Places like AO have the option to pay for fitting when you buy from them, I think it is around £100 per appliance.

Please
or

Nat6999 · Yesterday 13:37

It also depends if the electric part of the cooker can just be plugged in or needs hardwiring.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?