Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

DIY Kitchen advice (with photo)

chikagirl · 06/08/2022 13:26

I've got another thread on here asking for advice for getting a small, cheap but good value kitchen done.
Thanks to all the really helpful replies I think I will go for DIY kitchens (with the exciting possibility of a road trip to visit their showroom!)
I've also got Howdens kitchens as a possibility too in my head.

My question is, I have these under counter fridge & freezer. Both work perfectly and as they are free-standing they have more internal space so ideally I'd like to keep them if it doesn't mess up the overall look of the new kitchen.

What does everyone think? Do you think it might be possible?

DIY Kitchen advice  (with photo) DIY Kitchen advice  (with photo) DIY Kitchen advice  (with photo)
OP's posts:
Please
or

Isseywith3witchycats · 06/08/2022 15:11

absolutely fine i have a free standing gas cooker and washing machine in mine as i didnt want integrated maybe put an end panel in between them if theres enough space

DIY Kitchen advice  (with photo) DIY Kitchen advice  (with photo)
Please
or

ermagerdabear · 06/08/2022 15:26

You can design your kitchen however you like with DIY Kitchens, but beware you have to do all the measurements etc. yourself (mine's from DIY kitchens). It was a bit of a ballache, tbh and we got one of the cupboard measurements wrong, so had to keep that and wait another six weeks for the replacement.

I do like their showroom though. We went a few times as it was close by.

Please
or

Isseywith3witchycats · 06/08/2022 15:47

agree about get your measurements spot on we didnt allow for the back door opening and got one wall cupboard to big with the fridge next to it would have got in the way and we had to order another cupboard which is still in the garage as no exchange on it allowed was allowed to return the doors but not the cabinet

Please
or

Allthegoodnamesarechosen · 06/08/2022 15:52

I love free standing appliances. They have more internal space ( especially fridges) and much easier to replace if ( when) they go wrong. Just make sure that you have allowed enough space ( although most actually measure 58cm, so should go into a 60 cm space. I’d allow a bit more for ease of installation, but there’s generally a few spare centimetres knocking around)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.