Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Homebase kitchens

wtheck · 08/05/2021 16:55

I'm on the verge of choosing between Howdens and Benchmarx (who price matched me with DIY)...but I popped into Homebase earlier for something else and saw they have some nice looking shaker style kitchens, on offer at the moment as well, 50% off plus and extra 15% on the Country Living range.

I had totally forgotten then even do kitchens tbh. Now I'm wondering if I should get a quote and see how it compares? I'm a bit worried they might go into administration again as they always seem to be on the verge.

Doe anyone have a Homebase kitchen or an opinion on them they are willing to share?

Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

wtheck · 09/05/2021 06:22

Hopeful bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

catndogslife · 09/05/2021 12:17

We did have a Homebase kitchen which we had fitted in our old house, moved away last year.
At the time Homebase were linked with Argos, but I have no idea who owns the company now.

Please
or

HeeHawSeeSaw · 09/05/2021 12:42

Don't.Do.It. We had a homebase kitchen fitted and so regret it. Superficially it looks fine but there were a lot of things that haven't been done properly . It is probably just the substandard work of the workmen subcontracted by Homebase but we regret going with them. The idiots fitted the washing dryer in with hardly any room around it, and the one we got wasn't even very big, but then they left quite a bit of room around the dishwasher. Now we are severely restricted with what washing machine we can have. Cealant around worktop and sink not properly done. Some areas had been missed out completely and the rest was peeling off. We had to get it done again. The fridge (built in) door handle came off within a few days since fitting it and they had to come round and fit it again. Left out the beading and we had to get it done separately. It wasn't even cheap.

Please
or

buckleten · 09/05/2021 12:47

We have a Homebase kitchen which is still looking great 15 years on. We did use our own builder relative to fit it though so we know it was done properly, but they have lasted really well. I would look there again when the time comes!

Please
or

catndogslife · 09/05/2021 12:56

The quality of our kitchen was fine. We didn't go for built in appliances.
The design and installation service was good too.
The reason I wouldn't go back is that the local stores in our area all closed down.

Please
or

Liliolla · 09/05/2021 13:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

Loushome · 09/05/2021 16:07

Exactly what Buckleten said...to the word.

And I’ve had many kitchens.

Please
or

wtheck · 09/05/2021 20:08

I'd be using my own builder so maybe this can work. I think I'll get a quote and see!

OP's posts:
Please
or

chipsandpeas · 09/05/2021 20:15

my mum got one about 15 years ago and it still looks great, she did get a joiner to fit it rather than using homebases people

Please
or

Miranda14 · 09/05/2021 23:26

Very happy with our kitchen, very good quality hinges and brackets, but we went for a mid price kitchen, so dont know if that makes a difference. Husband is very handy so we fitted ourselves. The free instore design service was very good and helpful.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?