Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

UPVC spraying

countdowntonap · 28/10/2020 17:17

UPVC spraying.. have any of you done it/had it done on internal windows? Have a new black gas stove fire and black bi-fold doors added to the living room, and so wanted to have the interior windows sprayed to match. Have any of you had this done with success?

OP's posts:
Please
or

countdowntonap · 29/10/2020 07:42

Bump. I now have a two companies ready to give me a quote, but I don’t know anyone that’s had it done. Would love to hear someone’s experience.

OP's posts:
Please
or

2me2u2u2me · 29/10/2020 07:55

Hi, I haven’t done windows but I painted my front door a few weeks ago with UPVC paint and it looks great I think 🤗

UPVC spraying UPVC spraying
Please
or

countdowntonap · 29/10/2020 08:10

O wow! That does look great. Did you use a spray?

OP's posts:
Please
or

2me2u2u2me · 29/10/2020 08:39

hi OP, thanks, no I used paint, really easy, just wiped it down to get rid of any dust/dirt then 2 coats of paint, I bought a really good paintbrush to do it with which makes a difference, it dried really quickly too.

Please
or

countdowntonap · 29/10/2020 09:48

I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to do it myself Shock What brand did you use? The windows/door is relatively new so upstyling really does seem to be a better option than replacing.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please
or

bluebird243 · 29/10/2020 16:11

I have also painted one set of patio doors, one good sized bay window and 4 other windows with the same uPVC paint as TheCanyon's DH. I've also painted the fascias and guttering [bingalow].

Still have another set of patio doors and one more window to do. I chose black as it suits the house.

The paint is tricky, has to be used at the right temperature, on a dull day with no sun shining on what you are painting, with brush strokes going one way, this is important. It dries very quickly. However I have been painting all my life and have a steady hand so quite experienced.

I'm delighted with the result, it's a great finish and looks smart. Saved getting it sprayed and the inconvenience and expense. 2 tins of paint £39.98.

Please
or

bluebird243 · 29/10/2020 16:15

*bungalow

I wasn't sure about taking on the painting but a tradesman told me I could do it ok, knowing the product and seeing a lot of my interior paintwork. That gave me the confidence.

Please
or

2me2u2u2me · 02/11/2020 12:51

@countdowntonap

I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to do it myself Shock What brand did you use? The windows/door is relatively new so upstyling really does seem to be a better option than replacing.

I used the Zinsser brand too, got it online and they do loads of different colours too
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.