Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Shutters? Any experience and who to use?

CashewNuts · 24/12/2012 16:00

just calling around really, as usual different sales approach! I've had one company in but for mdf made in china I hoping to get something made in the uk and wood for not much more. Mdf seems to me to be a risky option as I do have condensation.
Read lots of bad reviews about Thomas sanderson, they also wont give me a rough estimare. New England seems to be very £££££ and shutterly fabulous have quite long lead times.
Looking at traditional shutter company and one I found on a search here? Any ideas for the SE?
Anyone had good experience at a reasonable price? Also we would like them fitted.
Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gaz81 · 20/02/2016 13:53

Kent shutters are very good at installing shutters. They also supply uk made shutters of which are fitted in 3-4 weeks from order.

No hard sale, only quality products and old fashion customer service. None of this harassment sales which the multi nationals offer :)

Visit www.kentshutters.co.uk

Ask for Gary or Helen. Smile

Please
or

plantationshutterslondon · 01/09/2016 15:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

DenisB395580 · 05/10/2016 17:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

JayneSheek · 01/11/2016 14:12

Do not use Plantation Shutters in Battersea. Was told by man who came to give quotation that they shut 95% of the light out - total rubbish it's 65% if that! They are very expensive and shutters look quite cheap. Fitters very late and rude, shutters not fitted properly had to get someone back. My daughter had used them and within hours bottom strip had fallen out and when a fitter came back none of the shutters on 3 windows were clipped in properly.

Please
or

jackiewar · 09/03/2017 13:47

It seems quite a few people made the mistake of using Thomas Sanderson or Hilarys. We ended up going for Clement Browne.

Please
or

daknoxy · 16/11/2020 14:32

If you are living in Scotland there is a great Shutter company try www.artisanplantationshutters.com/

Please
or

Officebox · 16/11/2020 14:35

@CashewNuts

Look for someone local and with good reviews. In my experience they tend to be more personable, customer service is better in my experience and it’s supporting the local economy

Please
or

FakeFlamingo · 16/11/2020 18:44

Clement Browne. Ask for Charlie.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.