Can anyone relate to this? Sorry it's long! I'm not even sure i'm in the right section - maybe someone can help me?
I feel so upset by my daughter's rude , selfish and disrespectful behaviour but what really hurts is the pain i have from my own childhood and how my mother was/is. We didnt have or do now have a close relationship - she never spent time with me or seemed interested in her children and examples of her lack of interest would be :
- barely cooked us food , had little food for us
- not taking me for a bra fitting , or buying me bara ..think i bought myself my first proper bra at 16 as I was too embarrassed!
- no talk about periods or buying products for me.
- Not coming to parents' evenings.
- lots of shouting at us and criticising/name calling
I suppose i have tried to erase these memories by being the mother i never had but always wanted. I am interested in my daughter and spend time with her because i love her and want to but now i'm resenting her behaviour.
I just feel that everyday is a battle with her and I can't cope. We have two other children who are very little and i'm trying to give each of them what they need. My daughter just throws it back i'm my face .
Most days I'm crying and miserable because of her behaviour but mostly because i now what it's like to grow up without a mother in their life. I want to be there for her but not sure I can be.