My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Grief after unwanted abortion

2 replies

GraceElla · 22/10/2022 22:35

Hi.

A few days ago I terminated my pregnancy. I never thought I wanted to have a baby, but as soon as I found out I knew it was meant to be. Unfortunately the dad did not approve and put me through hell trying to make me have an abortion. He always said it was my choice but it was obvious he was going to use the child against me.
Eventually I caved and did it.

I do not regret it as I know it wasnt going to be fair on the child and I couldnt cope with what he was doing. But I am devastated. I feel so ashamed that I cant even admit to people I aborted it and just said I lost it. Does anyone have advice on how to cope? I really am struggling.

OP posts:
heartbroken22 · 22/10/2022 23:59

I'm the same I promise you it will get easier. Please be kind to yourself and trust your instincts and what you did. But it's normal to feel guilt and so hurt and upset. It's not something you will stop regretting but you will come to the knowledge that it was the right choice at the time.

OrigamiSnowball · 23/10/2022 14:56

Hey Grace, I'm so sorry to hear that you're suffering. Most women find healing either by finding forgiveness for themselves, or deciding that they did nothing wrong. It's not uncommon to start out in one frame of mind and then move to the other. Here's a website that may give some helpful links, although I think it's American, there are some international resources there as well. Please be gentle with yourself and get help if you are not getting better with time.
www.abortionchangesyou.com/en

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.