My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Still affected by abortion

5 replies

chocolateaddict231 · 08/11/2021 19:04

Hi everyone,
I hope you are all well and had a lovely weekend. I'm looking for some kind words or maybe I'm just looking for somewhere to share my words.
In March 2020 I had an abortion. I had been in a relationship for one year and I had recently gotten a coil after being on the pill. Clearly the coil did not work! My partner is wonderful, we have now bought a house together and are starting to plan our family now that we have been together longer and have a more stable life to offer a child. Within a couple of days of the abortion the pandemic came, everything locked down, I was at home all the time. Within a few weeks I had woken in the middle of the night, I was back in hospital with a massive bleed, thinking the worst (might sound dramatic but I lost a huge amount of blood). Turns out I had an incomplete abortion and needed a D and C the next day. This took a lot of recovering, physically so.
Last week in work a staff member told me she was having an abortion on Friday and needed time off. Helping her through it and the shock of the situation seems to have triggered something in me, even though obviously it's her situation and not about me. I don't regret the abortion if I'm honest but I think it may have caused a little trauma which I didn't deal with because of lockdown and counselling not being offered at that time

OP posts:
Sudokuzebra · 08/11/2021 19:23

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolateaddict231 · 08/11/2021 20:01

Hi, thank you so much for that. I should maybe have mentioned i'm not in the UK. I have contacted places here but many have told me they aren't offering counselling at the moment or have closed during the pandemic. I'm hoping more will contact me soon

We haven't started trying yet but we plan to before the year ends

OP posts:
Sudokuzebra · 08/11/2021 20:49

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocolateaddict231 · 08/11/2021 21:46

Yes, he's really supportive. I think the biggest cause of anxiety for me isn't wishing to mark the life of that baby or anything as I think I know it was the right thing to do....it's actually keeping the secret which is causing a build up of anxiety.

And now in work a lot of conversations are based on abortions due to my employee and I feel I'm carrying around this secret. People are making comments about it, not bad ones just worried ones like 'oh she doesn't realise how upset this will make her' etc

OP posts:
Daisy123x · 15/11/2021 18:02

Hi girls sorry to pop on but looking for some advice. I had a medical abortion 3 weeks ago, exactly 25days, when I was 6weeks pregnant. I Had a massive bleed after the second tablet, passed several clots. The blood lightened as the week went on. And stopped. Went to my Gp two weeks later for a low sensitivity test which showed a very faint postive second line. He told me come back Friday just gone for another test, which came back the same. I’m freaking out. Has this happened anyone before??? Would it be left over tissue or hormones?? It will be 4 weeks Friday..

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.