My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Pregnant and freaking out

6 replies

inshock101 · 16/10/2021 15:14

I am on the pill and been having really sore boobs but no period (it is irregular) and decided to take pregnancy test to put my mind at rest and it is positive. My BF and I have just bought a house which we are due to move into in December. We have talked about having kids but always in a "few years". Sorry if I am not making much sense my head is spinning and I don't know what to do.

OP posts:
ED81 · 16/10/2021 22:41

Hi @inshock101.

This sounds very overwhelming for you. Pregnancy can be a shock even when it is planned let alone when not! Please take bit of time to discuss what is happening alongside your partner and what is making you freak out. Be open and honest.

And breathe….
xx

inshock101 · 17/10/2021 00:55

@ED81

Hi *@inshock101*.

This sounds very overwhelming for you. Pregnancy can be a shock even when it is planned let alone when not! Please take bit of time to discuss what is happening alongside your partner and what is making you freak out. Be open and honest.

And breathe….
xx

Hi thank you so much for replying. I have spoken to my boyfriend and he has been really supportive. My head is still all over the place but I feel a lot calmer now, I am going to phone the doctors on Monday and take it from there. Xx
OP posts:
happinessischocolate · 17/10/2021 01:02

How old are you? How long have you been together? How much work does the new property need?

happinessischocolate · 17/10/2021 01:05

21 moving in with bf after a year to a property needing refurbishing is a whole lot different to 30 moving in with bf after 4 years to a new property ?

inshock101 · 17/10/2021 01:14

@happinessischocolate

How old are you? How long have you been together? How much work does the new property need?

We are both 25, been together almost 6 years and the house is a new build. We do want to have children in the future but this just feels so rushed and I'm not sure if I am ready for this. I know that must sound so selfish, I am still trying to process how I feel
OP posts:
happinessischocolate · 17/10/2021 02:04

Okay that's good, so you could go through with the pregnancy or you could choose not to. It's not dire straits either way. Take your time, think it over and make the choice you are least likely to regret.

I terminated a pregnancy at 28. I was totally old enough to deal with having a child, but I chose not to, it wasn't nice, it wasn't easy, but I have never regretted it, because I thought it through until I was sure.

I've also brought 2 kids up as a single parent and that wasn't easy either, but it was my decision and I have no regrets about that either.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.