My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Unwanted pregnancy and feeling really low

3 replies

Meili47 · 19/11/2020 12:28

I'm pregnant took a test this morning I'm 27 and I had DD at 20 she's 7 life feels settled I'm a hcp with a neurological condition, I'm finishing my masters and my earnings are rising so this pregnancy is bad timing.

This pregnancy is completely different to my first I was had a romantic view I was happy and hopelessly in love with DDS father but we were broke this time we can more than afford it but I don't want another child.
I keep hoping when I feel a cramp it's a miscarriage booking a termination tomorrow I feel so selfish.

OP posts:
hillarypcof · 19/11/2020 13:34

Hi OP, virtual hand-hold 💕
If you don't want to keep the pregnancy for any reason, then you don't have to. We are lucky to live in a society where terminations are free of charge, and totally safe.
You don't need to justify your decision to anybody.

BPAS are very friendly and non-judgemental. Give them a call if you are based in the UK. When I needed them, I had the initial phone call, they arranged the nurse to call me back later in the week, and I was sent the pills by post 2 days later. It was all over the phone due to COVID, which worked for me, but if you want to go in for a scan you may have that option. Confirm that with BPAS though.

Here for you xx

Mils9217 · 19/11/2020 14:16

Just started the process myself so not sure how much support I can be but I am here if you would like a chat and I can assure you that your feelings are normal. I also thought those thoughts about every cramp even though it made me feel like the worst person in the world. Different circumstances but my first pregnancy completely different aswell and I had not a moment of doubt. I've not felt a single flicker of happiness for this one. Sending you my love. X

Meili47 · 19/11/2020 15:00

@Mils9217

Just started the process myself so not sure how much support I can be but I am here if you would like a chat and I can assure you that your feelings are normal. I also thought those thoughts about every cramp even though it made me feel like the worst person in the world. Different circumstances but my first pregnancy completely different aswell and I had not a moment of doubt. I've not felt a single flicker of happiness for this one. Sending you my love. X

Thank you for your lovely words Flowers I hope you are ok we will get through this. I completely understand my first was unplanned but I was happy throughout which is funny because we were so young and broke!!
I now know the realities of parenting and it isn't all roses
I have just booked an appointment with the bpas nurse for Saturday. I hope it's quick, I think I don't want anymore children at all before the positive test I was 50/50 about it sometime in the future unfortunately contraception failed it's been a hard slog to get where I am today DD is growing beautifully and much more independent and to go back to nappies and nursery costs fills me with dread.
OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.