My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Second part of medical termination today..

9 replies

EliseRainier · 28/07/2020 09:12

I took the first pill yesterday and am due to take the next 4 this morning.

I am in bits. I always wanted children but my mental health issues have spiralled since finding out I was pregnant and I have spent the last month in a dark pit of depression. I never thought I'd be here as a healthy 29 year old with a lovely husband, good job, lovely house etc but here I am, unable to cope. I need to focus on getting myself better and getting the medication right but I feel like I've failed myself, my husband and my family.

Does anyone have any tips for getting me through the next few days? DH is rightly devastated and I could do with a hand hold. I am 8+4.

OP posts:
Bedlington5 · 28/07/2020 10:48

I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I am 5 days post treatment. I found taking the second set of tablets ok very upsetting but as I started the process already it felt like it had been done. Its so horrible and I'm sending you big hugs. I felt relief as soon as I took the tablets and I got through the day with plenty of rest.

Not going to lie I have been up and down since last week but I know that is the process for me. Its a horrible situation to be in and you have to decide what is right for you at the time. I'm very emotional.

You have decided this for you and you need to be kind to yourself and get well. There is no right or wrong way to feel or to choose its just what is best for you. It really is an awful time and I wish you all the best.

Please be kind to yourself, let all the emotions come. Sending hugs x

EliseRainier · 28/07/2020 12:02

Thanks for replying @Bedlington5, I'm sorry you have been through this too Flowers

I took the tablets at 10am and so far I'm having awful cramps but no bleeding. I've taken the codeine the clinic gave me for the pain but its not really touching it. Trying to relax in bed and let it wash over me, just cant wait for it to be over Sad

OP posts:
Kelcat9494 · 28/07/2020 20:29

When I had a termination I had a bath and it relaxed me and weirdly enough the little embryo fell out in the bath so I have no advice about the second tablet but it'll be okay. I am so proud of you for recognising you need help before you have a child. Everything will be okay Thanks

andadietcoke · 28/07/2020 20:52

Hope you're okay and the pain isn't too bad. I was in a very similar situation and really beat myself up about my choices until I'd made them. I've never regretted it. I have a family now when it was the right time for us all.

jeff1965 · 31/07/2020 19:41

Hi, I've just taken the second set of tablets. I was provided with 4 (just taken) and another 2 which the instructions say i must take in 3 - 4 hours, however I vaguely remember the lady telling me over the phone that the 2 extra tablets were optional. Do you know what the process is with the second lot, I'd rather not take them unless I have to

Ell19 · 31/07/2020 22:19

@jeff1965 take the second set of tablets 3-4 hours after the first.

I had a medical termination two weeks ago, advice when clinics are open is just the four tablets and only take the other two if bleeding doesn’t start within 24 hours. Due to COVID-19 they advise to take all six tablets, i assume there is less chance of the termination failing and further treatment being needed?

jeff1965 · 01/08/2020 09:44

@Ell19 thank you for replying. I took the second lot too. Mixed feelings today as I expected I'd have. Feeling sad one minute and a bit relieved the next, but I guess it will take time

Ell19 · 01/08/2020 09:48

I think that’s completely normal.

Be kind to yourself Flowers

jeff1965 · 01/08/2020 11:52

@Ell19 thank you I'm trying. Feel ok at the moment but no doubt will be upset later! I was very conflicted on what to do as I think I would like another dc, just now wasn't the right time. I know it never really is though but this was an unplanned shock

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.