My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Positive stories of having a third in terms of health

6 replies

tealandseagreen · 05/02/2020 14:58

Just that! We're expecting out third. Not planned but the decision has been left with me. My husband would rather have a termination. We're expecting a girl after two beautiful health boys. I'm conceive at 39. My husband is a few years younger. I've had the Harmony and all came back fine. I'm just getting in myself I'm a state how the health of the baby and in terms of disability and read lots of stories on the internet and now I just want some positive stories of having a health third who slotted into your family.

OP posts:
sunandrose · 03/04/2020 16:51

Hi @tealandseagreen, how are you doing?

I’m in a very similar situation- just found out an unplanned no 3 is on the way and I just can’t get past the fear that I’ve been totally blessed to have two healthy babies and at 38 this next one won’t be the case. I don’t feel o can go through with it in case something goes undetected or the baby is born with some underlying condition. I worry for the impact it would have on my other two children.....

How are you feeling about it all now?

tealandseagreen · 03/04/2020 17:46

I'm now 23 weeks and feeling a lot better about everything since having the 20 week scan and all looks to be fine with the baby. Our families are thrilled.

We had the harmony test and for each of the three parts to the test it came up as 1 in 10,000. I'm much calmer but there's still an element or fear that something will go wrong.

It's been quite a stressful pregnancy as my husband only really came round to the baby around the 20 week scan when all looked fine. Then all this worry of Coronavirus arrived but I'm self isolating and not leaving the house for any reason.

I hope that helps and that you fine comfort in my answer.

OP posts:
sunandrose · 03/04/2020 20:59

Oh I’m so pleased that things have worked out for you. Good luck with the test of the pregnancy.

tealandseagreen · 09/04/2020 22:09

I'm 40 next month so it really makes me nervous. I hope you're is progressing well and we can keep chatting.

OP posts:
Blossom43 · 18/05/2020 17:22

Hi I've got three kids. Adding a 3rd kid into the family was by far the easiest transition. I found going from 1 to 2 much harder.

Elestren · 26/05/2020 06:33

I found out I am expecting a surprise number 3. Existing children are 4 and 2. I thought I wanted 3, DH never been keen. Now it has happened (miraculous really as our other 2 took a year each to conceive) and we are late 30s/early 40s.

I just feel scared. I think I would be more excited if my husband was at all happy or excited. He would prefer me to terminate, though would never try to force me and I know he would be an amazing dad to this one as he is with our other 2.

I have been lucky never to knowingly lose a pregnancy or have an unwanted pregnancy. Feel very sad and I don't know what to do Sad

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.