My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for sharing experiences of pregnancy choices; to debate the ethics of termination, visit our Politics or Chat forums.

Pregnancy choices

Psychiatrist has recommended termination

7 replies

PipersOrange · 21/08/2015 13:21

I have a 10mo old ds and have just found out I'm pregnant. Probably about 8/9 weeks. I'm currently having intrusive thoughts about harming ds and so social services are involved, and no one will tell me what will happen if I choose to keep this baby. All my support was happy as I'm meant to be starting work in a week which will limit my alone time with ds. But a new fbaby would mean I'd have to stay at home as cannot afford two child cares. My head is such a mess and I'm so scared Sad cannot talk to anyone in RL about this as no one knows about SS Sad

I've made an appointment with BPAS but that isn't for another week. I don't know what I'm looking for on here really. I'm just so scared and upset

OP posts:
QuiteLikely5 · 21/08/2015 13:26

If you have another baby it is likely you will be monitored in the same way you are now - unless your MH deteriorates during or after the birth, in which case there could be further intervention.

The professionals shouldn't be telling you to terminate, I doubt that would meet their professional codes.

However, imo (no doubt I will get flamed) I would terminate. You have enough to deal with, you can have another child in the future because truly if you haven't got your health you haven't got a lot.

Focus on getting better, your son and your new job.

MorrisZapp · 21/08/2015 13:29

I totally agree with quitelikely.

BeautifulBatman · 21/08/2015 13:30

Me too. Good luck, whatever you choose.

onehellofaride · 21/08/2015 13:33

I agree too

onehellofaride · 21/08/2015 13:34

Oh and well done with your progress so far

mintleaf · 29/08/2015 21:44

Have you been referred to a therapist to help you deal with the intrusive thoughts? Intrusive thoughts are just that, thoughts, and don't mean you're going to act on them. Being pre-natal you should be a priority for accessing psychological therapy. Maybe CBT as its good for working with intrusive thoughts? Hugs

Paintpot22 · 29/08/2015 21:49

Intrusive thoughts around hurting babies/DC are actually very common in new mums.

They in no way mean you want to carry them out. They are just thoughts. I'm very surprised that SS are involved because of this or that a psychologist would recommend termination!
Scary, intrusive thoughts happen to lots of people around different things.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.