Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

To ask if you've had your covid jab.. which jab were you offered and how did you feel? 💉

21 replies

Gieenorg · 24/01/2023 12:19

Hi all
I have decided to get my covid booster before my third trimester, I have only ever has pfizer jabs and would feel most comfortable sticking to what I have had before, but I can't find any information on what jab is offered if you are pregnant.

If you have had your covid jab over the last few months, do you know which one you were given?

And how did you feel after it?

How early/late in your pregnancy did you have it?

😊

OP posts:
Please
or

YearoftheRabbit23 · 24/01/2023 12:32

I think it's great that you are getting it! There's so much evidence out there now that COVID in pregnancy especially in the 3rd trimester has negative outcomes for baby and mother alike, when the mother is not vaccinated.

I can't help with getting it during pregnancy but I got a booster in August in anticipation of getting pregnant. Pfizer. Didn't have any fever or anything unlike with previous doses.

On the NHS page it says pregnant women are usually offered Pfizer or Moderna. It's the updated version of the vaccine which protects against more variants. www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/

Please
or

rebecca100 · 24/01/2023 12:32

Hey, I had my 4th booster which was Pfizer at about 17 weeks. No side effects at all and felt completely normal after. I also had my flu jab in the same sitting with no issues.

Please
or

Tenuouslink · 24/01/2023 12:34

I’ve had all of them (full pick n mix)

during pregnancy I had Pfizer though as that was what the hospital had in stock. Had Moderna and AZ before that though

Please
or

Cdoc · 24/01/2023 12:39

I had my booster in December at 28 weeks. They gave me the Pfizer one (the same I’d had in my first two jabs and first booster) and can confirm I actually had no side effects whatsoever (slightly sore arm for 2 days). I had more side effects pre pregnancy with the jabs (brief flu like symptoms) but barely knew I’d had anything with the booster when pregnant!

Please
or

bravotango · 24/01/2023 12:45

I had Pfizer at around 32 weeks - sore arm until then next day but that was it!

Please
or

Bellesjp · 24/01/2023 15:54

I had the booster at about 33 weeks and it was the Pfizer. I think they try and give you same as you've had before

Please
or

AlulaM · 24/01/2023 18:03

Hi had Pfizer booster at 11 weeks. I was nervous as previous doses have hit me
pretty hard with full fevers etc but barely noticed this. Bit tired, sore arm but not much else. Nothing worse than morning sickness anyway!

Please
or

Luluem · 24/01/2023 18:23

Had a booster last year whilst pregnant (2nd trimester) and was given moderna (same as the first 2 vaccines) because I think they had changed the guidance just before I got it for women under a certain age to have moderna instead? Anyway, no side effects at all, fingers crossed it’s the same for you

Please
or

Leaf86 · 24/01/2023 20:03

I had Pfizer at about 15 weeks (4th jab) and no side effects. I’d previously had Moderna and the side effects were worse (39 degree fever for 12 hours and some GI effects). Anecdotal of course, but I have generally heard Pfizer is slightly better for side effects. I think either Pfizer / Moderna is offered in pregnancy.

Please
or

drV · 25/01/2023 00:06

3 of my previous vaccines were from Pfizer and so I requested for the same for my booster this time. Got Pfizer during my 28th week; arm became sore just a few hours after the injection. I was completely knackered the next day- not fever but so exhausted, I slept through the whole day😬 it lasted just for 24 hours and the next day I was like I hadn't taken any vaccination!

Please
or

Tesselate · 25/01/2023 12:28

I had Pfizer as a booster at 14 weeks - think it was the new one that protects against Omicron too. No side effects apart from a slighly achey arm the next day, which was what I had from the original 3 (2 AZ 1 Pfizer).

Please
or

Whentwobecomesthree · 25/01/2023 12:29

Pfizer at 11 weeks. No side effects apart from a very mild sore arm.

Please
or

MassiveSalad22 · 25/01/2023 12:31

Pfizer for all - second dose in the 2WW and booster probably 6 months later or whatever. Baby is 10
months old and totally normal.

Please
or

Blue2020 · 25/01/2023 17:56

Pfizer for all. I had it at about 16 weeks. To be honest I would have taken it even if it was Moderna.

Please
or

Pickles91 · 25/01/2023 18:10

I have had a mix - two initial Pfizer vaccines followed by two Moderna vaccines. The last one was the Moderna bivalent booster, which I think was updated for omicron(?), and I had that at 9 weeks pregnant. Other than a slightly sore arm, I had zero side effects. I’m now 27+5 and all looking well!

Please
or

Jonesy88 · 25/01/2023 19:54

I had Pfizer at 4 and 12 weeks (4 weeks completely oblivious!) and the Moderna booster at 34 weeks in 2021. Apart from a sore arm I felt no other effects.

I would have preferred Pfizer for all 3 as I’d known a few (not pregnant) people to be poorly with Moderna but that wasn’t an option as it was safer to get jabbed.

My midwife at the time left it to me to decide but did say that if you got COVID and were properly poorly you can’t be incubated and stay pregnant. She also say if I caught it at the 3rd trimester I would need blood thinning injections.

Please
or

anomaly23 · 25/01/2023 20:47

I've only had moderna. No side effects whatsoever in all 4 of the jags.

Please
or

Sallyh87 · 25/01/2023 20:47

I had the Pfizer booster at about 8 weeks, like all my Covid vaccines it made me vomit and sick for about 12 hours. That being said, I would do it again! I caught Covid about 5 weeks later and it knocked me for six, I can’t imagine how bad it would be if I didn’t have the vaccine.

Please
or

bk1981 · 25/01/2023 20:56

I had Pfizer at 10 weeks. Had previously had both Pfizer and moderna and didn't have any side effects.

Please
or

Franticbutterfly · 25/01/2023 21:23

You're mad for getting it. Waaaayyyy too risky!

Please
or

MassiveSalad22 · 25/01/2023 21:26

Oh I also had covid at 36 weeks pregnant after 3 jabs. It was awful but manageable after 3 days - I dread to think how horrendous it would have been had I not been vaccinated!!

Please
or