Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Getting paid for advanced work while on maternity allowance

1 reply

PcosSOS · 14/01/2023 12:24

Hi, I’ve searched all through the boards and elsewhere online and I can’t seem to find an answer to this question. I’m currently on maternity leave and will receive maternity allowance as I’m self employed. I have a couple of businesses that I run which require face to face work as well as working from home. I will not be working at all over maternity leave aside from a few KIT days to keep things ticking over.

I have a couple of invoices that I’m still waiting on being paid and obviously have the invoice dates to prove when work was done so I’m not too worried about these. In addition I will likely be paid an advance for a new project that I will start in September after maternity leave is finished. In my line of work it is not unheard of to receive up to 50% up front to secure your time on a project.

I also have websites which customers are able to purchase from directly, there is nothing to be sent out after purchase and this will be completely passive income, so again, no actual work being done but (hopefully) money coming in.

Does anyone know of any of that would be a problem with receiving maternity allowance? All can be easily explained with paperwork to back up why I am receiving payments.

OP posts:
Please
or

namechangeforthisx · 25/01/2023 22:17

Hi, not sure if you managed to find out what you needed to, I've been searching something similar and there's little available for this topic. However I did come across this link and thought it was pretty/somewhat useful. I'm less worried now about income coming in during my very short maternity leave (ages away) x

www.doingitforthekids.net/

Please
or