My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Cleaning pram for new baby

9 replies

Bubblesxox · 29/08/2021 20:40

So I’ve just pulled out my pram out of the loft and it’s rotten. What cleaning products are baby safe to use to clean it? Or is that just a silly question!
Thanks in advance

OP posts:
Kitkat151 · 29/08/2021 20:51

We used a karcher ....pray came up a treat

AllTheUsernamesAreAlreadyTaken · 29/08/2021 20:53

I’m in the same situation. I was planning on using vinegar so I’m watching this with interest.

sparklyblue81 · 29/08/2021 20:58

I would think anything is fine as long as left for a while in a ventilated area. I guess it depends on what the pram is made of as you don’t want to bleach it & discolour it or anything. Mine got covered in brick dust recently as we had builders in but fortunately it has removable covers so I just unzipped it all yesterday, put in the washer & hung out in the sun. Sunlight is great for stains so might be worth cleaning it outside anyway?

ASNW5 · 29/08/2021 21:01

Are you in London? There's a great company called Buggy Pitstop who will do a professional clean! They fixed mine too.

Bubblesxox · 29/08/2021 21:05

I’m in Essex. Baby’s due in October but potentially could be here in a few weeks! So I think I’ve left it too late to find someone to clean it professionally. I know there’s a few company’s that do it though.

OP posts:
thequeenofsandwich · 29/08/2021 21:07

Used to take mine to the petrol station & use their powerful jet wash to clean and then rinse
Then left it to dry outdoors

Missreginafalange · 29/08/2021 22:28

I used a steam cleaner on our one.

Depending where in Essex there are a couple of companies that are doing buggies at the mo... I did enquire but the price and then fact I had a steamer already put me off. If you are south Essex let me know and I can PM you them.

DoucheCanoe · 29/08/2021 22:37

I just used to strip all the fabrics off and put on a handwash. The hood got scrubbed in the bath and the chassis/wheels where cleaned with fairy liquid then hosed down.

Let it all air dry and put back together.

MooBoom · 30/08/2021 01:35

I intend to wash what ever bits I can in the washing machine and then use fairy liquid and hot water to scrub the rest down. Hoping if it’s safe for dishes it’s safe for a pram lol

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.