Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Low hcg 20 dpo

7 replies

loulou2021 · 15/04/2021 06:29

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can tell me about their experiences of low hcg. We've been TTC #2 for almost 18 months. In that time I've had an ectopic and a miscarriage.

I didn't get a bfp until 15 dpo this time and even then it was faint. This had been niggling me but I got decent line progression over the next few days.

After the journey we've been on, I wanted some comfort that everything was going in the right direction, so I got some bloods drawn to check hcg levels.

Now I know what I am looking for is a doubling within 48 hours (I'm getting more bloods taken on Friday). However my results from yesterday's bloods have come back at only 269. I think I'm 20 dpo. Whilst this is technically in the "normal" range I was told that this is very low and I sensed from the dr that this was not good.

Obviously I'll wait to see what the bloods say on Friday. However I'm feeling anxious that this doesn't look like good news so far.

Does anyone have any experience of low hcg at 20 dpo?

Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

Gemmaemilyx · 15/04/2021 07:19

If you got a faint positive at 15dpo, your HCG was probably low and to be in the 200s at 20dpo I think is more than reasonable! You may also have ovulated later than you think as 15dpo you would expect a strong positive. Maybe you were more like 10-11dpo?

I was 5weeks and hcg was 648. They also tell you not to worry about hcg levels it's the doubling that counts!

My friend at her 12 week scan had double the HCG I did! 22 and 26 weeks now so nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps xxx

Please
or

Gemmaemilyx · 15/04/2021 07:21

Just to add I got the faintest of positives what I thought would've been 15dpo then 19dpo a strong positive. On my dating scan I was put back 4 days xx

Please
or

GreenSlide · 15/04/2021 07:59

Truth is, even with all the testing and temping, you never know precisely when you ovulate, or the time or day when the sperm meets the egg, or when the egg implants. It's not an exact science. So don't worry too much, it's likely that it all just happened slightly later for you.

Please
or

EXA1912 · 15/04/2021 08:03

It depends when the egg implants I think. If it only implanted later and you only got your positive then then so long as it’s doubling that’s all that matters. I got a positive at 8/9dpo my first hcg was low but I’m like 17dpo and it’s increased a lot since then. Try not to worry, it’s the doubling that matters x

Please
or

loulou2021 · 15/04/2021 08:18

@Gemmaemilyx thanks a lot for your reply and for your reassurance. I thought I was fairly confident on my ovulation date as I used OPKs but, thinking back, in March I did have positive OPKs for almost 3 days before they started to go down (which i thought at the time was unusual for me, I normally have positive for 1 day and then they start to go down), so I guess it is possible my ovulation date could be out a few days.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. That's wonderful x

OP posts:
Please
or

loulou2021 · 15/04/2021 08:21

@GreenSlide thanks for your reassurance. Part of me does feel like I either ovulated late or implanted late. I was pretty sure I felt implantation at 14 dpo (which is what prompted me to do a test on 15 dpo when AF was a day late). 14 dpo is surely to late for implantation so maybe I am a little further behind than I thought x

OP posts:
Please
or

loulou2021 · 15/04/2021 08:23

@EXA1912 thanks for your reply, and congratulations on your pregnancy! Yes It does make sense that if someone implanted later they'll have lower hcg. Fingers crossed that's the issue (or late ovulation)! X

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?