My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Increase in movement - 22 weeks

3 replies

otterbaby · 02/06/2020 12:43

Hi, just looking for some advice. I'm just over 22 weeks and have been feeling my baby move regularly for about 3 weeks now. She tends to have 3 busy periods throughout the day. Sometimes just bumps and pops, sometimes strong enough that I can see my stomach moving.

She's been going absolutely mental for the last 45 mins, almost non-stop thrashing around with maybe a 15 min quiet period in between. I called the advice line and they said just to keep an eye on it, it's really decreased movements that I need to watch out for. They said sometimes babies just have active periods.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

OP posts:
sel2223 · 02/06/2020 12:52

You won't really see a proper pattern until after 28 weeks so 22 weeks is still quite early. You'll probably notice movements increasing over the next couple of months and there will be lots of fits and bursts.

I'm nearly 30 weeks now and have had several little spurts as well as quieter days where she would move into a different position. It's all very frustrating and can be a worry but some change is normal.

Trust your instincts though and always call if in any doubt.

thattravelphotographer · 02/06/2020 22:25

Yes! I'm 34 weeks and maybe around 31 weeks I noticed a real increase in her movements. I thought the less room they had to play with the less movements there would be but turns out the opposite is true! Sometimes I think she's having a full on party in there, and nothing I do helps settle her down. I'd love to be able to see what the heck she's doing in there, as at times it can be over an hour of almost non-stop movements. When I raised it at my last midwife appointment she wasn't concerned at all, so as long as this is a fairly consistent pattern it shouldn't be cause for concern. But as a FTM I think it's absolutely fine to always question these things with the professionals.

otterbaby · 03/06/2020 15:06

Thanks for the advice ladies 🙂

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.