My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

How much bleeding is too much?

29 replies

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 09:29

Sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place but I’m around 5 weeks pregnant and pretty sure I’m having a miscarriage. It started yesterday, the blood was heavy but today is something else. I was woken early in the morning by pain and I could actually feel the blood pumping out (sorry for the tmi) I phoned epu yesterday and they told me to go to a&e if the bleeding gets bad but I don’t know what they class as badSad

OP posts:
TheFoz · 31/05/2020 09:31

Enough blood to fill a pad in an hour is considered a heavy bleed.
I’m sorry you are going through this. Have you someone supportive with you?

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 09:36

Well I have my partner here but I wouldn’t say he’s being exactly being supportive. Moaning at me every time I say my stomach is hurting and saying I’m making it out to be worse than what it is so I can just ‘sit there and do nothing’ So yeah I wouldn’t say soSad

OP posts:
TheFoz · 31/05/2020 09:39

Well that’s very helpful isn’t it. Could you get a friend to take you to A&E?

thereplycamefromanchorage · 31/05/2020 09:41

Your partner is an utter disgrace, with that attitude.

If you have any concerns at all about the bleeding, phone 111. Really sorry you are going through this.

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 09:42

Luckily I have a very supportive mum who’s only down the road so I have her if I need anything

OP posts:
zscaler · 31/05/2020 09:43

Your partner is a cold hearted bastard.

I’m so sorry you’re going through this OP. If you’re needing to change your pad every hour or so, or if the pain gets very bad, I would go to A&E. I hope you’re ok soon Flowers

OnlyFoolsnMothers · 31/05/2020 09:45

So sorry OP- reach out to your mum, and once your medical situation has calmed down get rid of your partner, he sounds vile

WillowAndSprinkle · 31/05/2020 09:45

I’m sorry you’re going through this Flowers
I would go to A&E, is there a friend or family member who can go with you for support if your partner isn’t exactly being helpful?

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 09:53

Thanks everyone for the advice. Yeah he is being a bastard. I was bathing DS last night and asked him if he could take over as my stomach was hurting but he went into a strop about it so just told him to forget it. Wish he’d fuck off for a bit

OP posts:
YakkityYakYakYak · 31/05/2020 10:02

So sorry you’re going through this. Your partner sounds vile. I think phone 111 to ask advice about if and when you should go to A&E. I had a big bleed during my pregnancy and felt drained for days afterwards; if your partner won’t, can your mum help out with childcare so you can rest?

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 10:06

Yes think I’ll phone 111. Yes my mum will help me out, I phoned her earlier and she said if I need anything then let her know. Thank god I have her. Didn’t want to turn this into me moaning about my partner but now I feel like I want to get it off my chest. I didn’t take folic acid when ttc but as soon as I found out I was pregnant I took it straight away. Yesterday when I first found out I was bleeding, he blamed it on me because I didn’t start taking it sooner. Sorry to put all my problems on you but he’s sat across the room and I’m getting angry looking at him so need to vent my angerGrin

OP posts:
Vebrithien · 31/05/2020 10:24

Folic acid makes no difference in cases of an early miscarriage.

He is an ignorant, bullying arsehole.

I hope you get the help/medical attention you need. I've been there, and even with a supportive DH, it's shit.

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 11:33

Yeah I thought so. Thank you x

OP posts:
TheFoz · 31/05/2020 11:56

Is he usually such an ignorant twat, or is pregnancy taking it out in him?

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 12:12

He can be an ignorant twat to be fair. But I’ve just learnt to deal with it and ignore him over the years. I knew this would effect me more than it would him but I didn’t think he’d be this bad. I understand people deal with things differently but I would never treat him like thisSad I can’t even cry about it in front of him without him telling me ‘there’s nothing you can do about it” which I know is true, but as my partner a bit more support would be nice

OP posts:
TheFoz · 31/05/2020 18:10

How’s the bleeding? Did you go to A&E?

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 18:13

It’s actually calmed down a little since I last commented..it’s still a little heavy but not half as bad. I’m going to keep my eye on it over night and see what it’s like tomorrow. Hopefully it stays like this now and doesn’t get heavier

OP posts:
YakkityYakYakYak · 31/05/2020 19:41

Hope you’re okay @Rainbow1808. So sorry your partner is being so unsupportive, thankfully you have a good mum to look after you.
Sending hugs Flowers

Mucklowe · 31/05/2020 19:44

You deserve so much better than him, OP. What does your mum think of him?

Karina12345 · 31/05/2020 19:58

Really sorry you’re going through this especially with an unsupportive partner. Whatever the cause, it’s hugely disconcerting and no wonder you’re concerned. If you’re bleeding, it’s a good idea to seek medical advice because it might not be a miscarriage. I had a miscarriage about 2 months ago at 5+2. I did go to a&e under gp’s instruction (and because I couldn’t get through to 111) but Like TheFoz says a&e docs said I wouldn’t need to return unless I was filling a pad an hour. I was also asked to go for scans to confirm miscarriage and ensure I had had a complete one. I hope you manage to sort it out.

Karina12345 · 31/05/2020 20:02

Oh yeah and the most important thing is to ignore anything anyone says about it being your fault. I was taking folic acid beforehand and still had a miscarriage. Your partner’s talking BS.

SpillTheTeaa · 31/05/2020 20:03

I'm sorry you're going through this OP.
Your partner is a disgrace. How dare he treat you in such a way when you could be loosing your baby. How dare he blame this on you. What a truly awful scumbag.

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 20:36

@YakkityYakYakYak Thank youFlowers

@Mucklowe They do get on really well, but saying that she’s not there to listen to some of the things he says. He had gone to the shop earlier on today so whilst he was gone I phoned her, had a little cry to her and told her some of the comments he had made. She knows what he’s like

@Karina12345 Sorry to hear thatFlowers I’m definitely going to keep an eye on myself and see how things goSad It’s an awful feeling

@SpillTheTeaa Thank you I knowSad I found myself bloody apologising to himSad I just wish he could live inside my mind for just 10 minutes then he would understand how I am feeling!

OP posts:
TheFoz · 31/05/2020 20:47

OP, you didn’t come here asking for relationship advise so I’m loath to offer any, but, I really think you need to consider whether being single is a better proposition than being with your partner. You deserve far more than he is giving you, please don’t think that you are not worthy of his love, sport and respect.
I’m glad you are feeling better but it really would do no harm to get checked out.

Rainbow1808 · 31/05/2020 21:04

@TheFoz It wouldn’t let me tag you hope it’s worked now. Yes I know where you’re coming from. This whole situation has definitely opened my eyes to how he treats me. I am going to phone my doctor tomorrow and get his opinion. Maybe he could refer me or something. I have epilepsy so I’m always in contact with him. He’s great. Thank you for your help and support

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.