My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

First pregnancy and I feel like pure shit!

16 replies

Sasberry · 04/05/2020 02:41

I’m 6w, 4d’s and I feel like shit. It’s my first successful pregnancy. Had a miscarriage before this baby. Me and my boyfriend wanted a baby really bad so we kept trying. Finally after four months we were blessed. So I should be less irritated but damn nobody tells you how dizzy, nauseous, constant headaches, and the body’s aches. Thankfully they say this means the baby is growing but damn I never imagined this beautiful baby was gone suck all the life out of me just to form its’ own. Sooooo many weeks to go and I just need encouragement.

OP posts:
wannabebump · 04/05/2020 04:34

It does get better is all I can say! I'm just into the second trimester and the tiredness is much more bearable and I don't feel iffy anymore until about an hour before bed. Stick with it. If you're being sick all the time, definitely speak to your GP.x

DerbyshireGirly · 04/05/2020 04:43

Those early days are tough OP. There's nothing like that early pregnancy exhaustion. If it makes you feel at all better, first trimester nausea/sickness is an indication of good strong HCG levels.

My symptoms became much milder around 9 weeks and the second trimester was just absolute bliss, so fingers crossed you're feeling better soon.

hermionegrange · 04/05/2020 04:45

Mm I remember feeling the same, my mother in law said 'you'll start enjoying pregnancy soon enough'- this gave me the rage lol. She was right though. By the second trimester things were much better and I did start enjoying it, particularly once the nausea had passed and I had a lovely little bump!

You got this xx

liaun · 04/05/2020 07:07

I'm 8 weeks and I've noticed a real improvement although I'm not 100% - just wait it out, take care of yourself, enjoy the excuse to stay in bed if you can

kidsareok · 04/05/2020 07:14

Honestly I totally sympathise. I'm 7+1 and I just feel like my body isn't my own! Nausea and vomiting all day, even waking up at night to be sick. My body aches and I feel like I'm on the verge of getting the worst virus ever. I'm exhausted and them metallic taste in my mouth is vile. I didn't realise it would be like this! I hope it gets better because I'm pretty much in tears every day trying to have the energy to do everyday things when all I want to do is crawl into a ball. Urgh - not pleasant!

Newmummyxx · 04/05/2020 08:14

I can totally sympathise with you. I felt awful from 6-9 weeks, I spent must of the time feeling awful and being sick. I really wondered how I could keep going until this 12 week point everyone kept on telling me things get better. Things greatly improved by week 9, I went for an early 10 week scan and seeing the baby kicking it’s arms and legs made it all worth while. You can do it Smile. x

LunaLula83 · 04/05/2020 08:16

Don't worry, I hear it gets better when the child turns 4. 3 years to go!

Bubbletrouble43 · 04/05/2020 08:22

The first trimester of my first baby was sheer hell. The sickness and fatigue were way beyond anything I had expected. I didn't have the sudden bloom and glow at 12 weeks but gradually began to feel better during second trimester and had a smooth third trimester and felt human again and baby was very healthy. Rest rest rest. Put yourself first and don't feel bad about staying in bed all day if you feel like it if you can. It will get better! Congratulations BTW xxxx

xxxemzyxxx · 04/05/2020 09:03

Bless you OP, I can relate. I was horribly exhausted, sick, sore, weepy and just generally uncomfortable during my 1st trimester (pregnant with my first). I felt like the living dead and had no energy to do anything! i had days of wondering why I had done this to myself.

18 weeks now and I am happy to report I am sooo much better now, started feeling better around weeks 14-15. The sickness and exhaustion has died off and I can function like a normal person.

Don’t feel guilty about feeling rubbish and thinking that you should be happier because you are lucky to be pregnant. 1st trimester sucks, and it’s ok to feel that way. Have as much rest as you like. Hang in there, it will get better!

LittleBoyJuly2020 · 04/05/2020 09:59

I was sick and on meds until 17-18 weeks. First trimester was awful. Second trimester was better but still felt crap!

28 weeks now and I've felt quite good the last few weeks. Although in my case pregnancy is filled with good days and bad days with regards to symptoms etc. Enjoy the good days!

I must say, the first trimester is starting to feel like a distant memory and I never thought I'd say that because it was SO rough!

sel2223 · 04/05/2020 10:49

Yep, first trimester is a kicker. I'm a FTM too and had no idea how bad I would feel with sickness, tiredness, headaches, breathlessness, bad skin, aches and pains etc. It came as a complete shock!

Thankfully it really does get better. Mine was the worst from 7-11 weeks and now at 25 weeks, most of the symptoms have gone (and been relaced by heartburn and stretching pains). It's nowhere near as bad as it was in the early days.

Jess1309 · 04/05/2020 12:18

I have just been given a prescription (over the phone) to help with the nausea and sickness. If you are really struggling give your GP a call and explain. Mine was lovely. This is my 2nd pregnancy and whilst my 1st was hard I don't quite remember it being this tough!

KrissyMB · 04/05/2020 20:02

I could have written this post. I am feeling utterly pants. I'm 12 weeks this week but feeling so rubbish. I am hoping it's going to soon pass and I can enjoy being pregnant. I got prescribed promethazine but can't say its helped apart from make me feel really drowsy!

Sheera1 · 04/05/2020 23:53

It is comforting to k ow it is not just me though I would wish us all not feeling crap.

Like someone said about it is like feeling you are coming down with a dreadful virus. Not been sick but feel nauseous from about 2pm onwards till bed. The tiredness and headaches are awful too. I am 12 weeks on Thursday and some days are a little better but 4.30pm everyday and boom, it lands on me like a ton weight. Hoping it will get better soon. I had an MMC 3 yrs ago so taking each yucky day as a good sign. Xxx

firstbabybell · 05/05/2020 07:34

@sasberry I feel your pain (10+4).

I had no idea just how awful it was going to make me feel. Then there's the added guilt about finding it tough if you have struggled to get this point (as we have too).

Don't have much advice to offer apart from I'm with you - oh & also I have found chatting on these forums really helpful. It's so hard when you can't share & have a moan with your friends as normal - particularly during lockdown.

Congratulations! & you are already one day closer to the magic second trimester! X

Bubbletrouble43 · 05/05/2020 19:04

Just popped back in as I remembered that the only thing that helped with the nausea and sickness ( and I tried everything!!) was travel sickness bands. Don't know if that will help, but there's a small chance they will and they are cheap and easily available. Hope you feel better soon x

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.