Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Nappies

kylahh · 22/01/2020 19:00

What's everyone's opinion on pamper nappies ? I have heard quite bad things ??

OP's posts:
Please
or

Selfsettling3 · 22/01/2020 19:01

What have you heard? I like pampers. Aldi size 1 and 2 are really good too.

Please
or

Clangus00 · 22/01/2020 19:07

Pampers were always excellent for us.

Please
or

IDontDrinkTea · 22/01/2020 19:10

I think it depends on your baby. Pampers are the only ones that don’t bring my baby out in a rash

Please
or

okokokthen · 22/01/2020 19:46

To me pampers always feel wetter or soggier than supermarket nappies and usually feel thinner too. I've used pampers, Aldi nappies, Asda nappies and Morrison's nappies for my baby and I prefer ASDA, Aldi and Morrison's nappies.

Please
or

ToastandCheese · 22/01/2020 19:47

I like Aldi nappies. To be honest you’ll find the nappy that suits your baby best. Try different ones.

Please
or

CelineImGone · 22/01/2020 19:47

Pampers were great for me until I started using size 2 and above...
Would recommend Aldi. But lately have found Sainsbury's are brilliant - absorbant, soft and seem so comfy. No leaks whatsoever

Please
or

Engard · 22/01/2020 19:49

I only use pampers but I've tried EVERYTHING.
Whenever my daughter did a poo it would come out the top of her nappy, the HV told me it's because her nappies weren't coming up high enough (My babies are long, based on their daddy being 6"4)
Pampers have a broad waistband and were therefore the only nappy I (found that I) could use.

Please
or

Lunafortheloveogod · 22/01/2020 19:49

Pampers seem to still be our go to, we had a while around size 2/3 that we used Asda’s nappies, the same thing for half the price.. but we’re in 4’s and pampers are the only ones who last close to all night still. We don’t have an Aldi but I’ve heard good things about their nappies.

Please
or

Ariela · 22/01/2020 19:51

Most disposables do not have elastic around the waist, so are not as good on containment as reusable ones, and being largely paper (would you wear paper maternity pants?) I'm sure do not exactly feel comfortable to delicate new baby skin. Worth looking at, you don't have to soak or boil them. See if there's a nappy library near you where you can see them

Please
or

Newmumma83 · 22/01/2020 19:52

I have used both Aldi and pampers ... no difference to me other than Aldi are a whole lot cheaper, they last a good 12 hours ( for night time , we change more regularly in the day )
Some kids get rash though With some brands so don’t bulk buy to many of any brand until you have seen how little one reacts.
Congratulations 🥳

Please
or

gingertom11 · 22/01/2020 19:52

We've mostly used Pampers Premium Protection. They're great but quite pricey unless you get them on offer. Think Boots have them on BOGOF at the mo, at least they did a couple of days ago! Also rate Aldi and Lidl.

Please
or

Newmumma83 · 22/01/2020 19:53

We are up to Aldi size 4+ had them from new born up

Please
or

CelineImGone · 22/01/2020 19:54

@Ariela the Sainsbury's disposables do have the elasticated bit. That's why I like them. But yes I appreciate they're fair from environmentally friendly.

Please
or

grisen · 22/01/2020 20:00

Pampers are the best readily available ones in the U.K. don’t like ASDA or ALDI ones. Our son fills them up in a second and they STINK!

Please
or

R2D2abc · 22/01/2020 20:00

Pampers were perfect for my easily rash baby. I've tried other brands as a newborn but none were as good as pampers. As soon as they weren't getting any rash I switched onto ALDI, then Lidl. I'm on Lidl ones with my 22 months now and find they are good. But whenever she had an upset tummy, pamper premium are a miracle.

Please
or

Rubyroost · 22/01/2020 20:03

I used aldi 1 and 2 and then moved on to sainsburys as found they leaked after this. I've tried all the supermarkets and sainsburys have been by far the best for us. I think it does depend on the shape of your baby though. Asda leaked without fail, but I've heard some people say they were good for them. I can't understand with all the choice for nappies now why someone would use pampers though, they're so much more expensive.

Please
or

SnoozyLou · 22/01/2020 20:19

We've always used them. Whenever we tried other brands over a sustained period, our little boy had nappy rash. He rarely gets it with pampers, and when he does, it never lasts for more than a day.

We bulk buy when they're on offer.

Please
or

Fouroutoffour · 22/01/2020 20:24

Please look into cloth nappies. The environmental impact of disposables is truly shocking. Do the advice questionnaire on //www.thenappylady.co.uk

Please
or

katee90 · 22/01/2020 21:18

You'll never get a consensus on this OP! Pampers are fine but pricey. We use both Aldi and Sainsbury's, both of which we really like. If I had to pick one I'd choose Aldi.

Please
or

Kezmum14 · 22/01/2020 22:26

i found pampers really smell. We used a mix of reusable mio solo and aldi nappies :)

Please
or

june2007 · 22/01/2020 22:40

AS a mother and a nursery nurse I don,t particulalrly rate pampers. If your going the disposable route then there are other brands whoch are cheaper and better. (Huggies the tabs ripped off so selotape was needde.). But I am generally a cloth bum mum.

Please
or

PulpHorn · 25/01/2020 19:20

Found reusable nappies the best, as PP have said every disposable leaks from the back (even the sainsburys ones for us) so all the clothes end up stained and covered in poo. Baba & boo cloth nappies are bombproof and come in very cute prints.

Please
or

Nelbert19 · 25/01/2020 20:49

Thank you for that link @Fouroutoffour, I’d love to use cloth nappies but am a bit intimidated by the choice and everyone telling me I’m making a rod for my own back! I’ve filled in the questionnaire so hopefully she’ll advise me further!

Please
or

Bol87 · 25/01/2020 22:41

We’ve used pretty much every nappy going.. they all worked fine?! I’ve never understood why they wouldn’t?! They are basically all the same.. we went with Aldi. Wore them up to a Size 6 & nappy pant. The only time they leaked was when our DD needed to go up a size. We moved her up, leaks stopped.

But when travelling or accidentally running out, we used Pampers, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Lidl .. no issues 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think Pampers is a bit of snobbery thing in all honesty. Much like people claiming branded food is much better. It’s really not, it all comes from the same factory! I imagine nappies do as well!

Please
or

Fouroutoffour · 26/01/2020 12:12

@Nelbert19 I'm so pleased you're willing to give it a go! We went with the recommendations from the questionnaire and haven't looked back!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.