My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Baby monitors

6 replies

stuckinmyownhead · 30/12/2017 09:13

Hi all,

I am 24 weeks pregnant with my first baby and am wondering what kind of baby monitor to buy. I’m particularly weighing up what features to go for. We obviously want a sound function and I feel like I also want a video function and movement sensors, but I’m trying to decide whether these two functions will improve my anxiety of make it worse.

If you could recommend brans and the features you found useful/not useful, I would be really grateful.

Many thanks Smile

-------------------

Hello! We've noticed this thread is quite old and some of the product recommendations are a little out of date. We've spent weeks speaking to parents and testing out baby monitors. Read our reviews to see which product was crowned best baby monitor.

Hope that helps! Flowers MNHQ

OP posts:
Appleandcinnamon · 30/12/2017 09:15

Motorola Hubble is brilliant works via WiFi with secure passwords

Fab video temp gauge plays music you can talk back to baby. You view it via your phone from anywhere

Appleandcinnamon · 30/12/2017 09:15

SOrry also has movement and sound alerts

SomehowSomewhere1 · 30/12/2017 12:48

Having the same dilemma, so many out there.

gryffen · 30/12/2017 13:39

One thing to watch for in monitors is that some come with long wires to plug in and is that going to work?

second - has WHICH? done a check on the monitor in question when it was discovered they were being hacked and feed/photos given to outside sites etc

we have the Motorola plug in - no wires and amazing quality of sound that works upto 30 meters through solid walls etc - easy to transport as its just two plugs and also means no wires.

pastabest · 30/12/2017 14:14

What I thought I needed before the baby was born was very different to what I actually needed once they were here.

For the first few months the baby is supposed to have all naps etc in the same room that you are in so I found there wasn't really much need for a monitor until around 5 months ish when I started putting her upstairs in her cot for naps rather than keeping her downstairs ( she's still in our room at 11 months overnight, but that's another story!)

I got a fairly basic 'Sunluxy' video monitor on Amazon, I'm happy with the picture and sound quality and it has good range on it which means that I can go outside and do some gardening whilst she is napping too. I specifically got one that you can play music through it and speak through it as I thought it would be useful but in the end I never use those features as they just freak DD out.

PeapodBurgundy · 30/12/2017 18:29

I just had a basic one way sound monitor. Used it from around 7 months when DS started sleeping in his own room for naps/at night. We stopped using them when he was able to get out of bed to find us when he wakes up. This suited us fine, and any other features would have been a waste of money for our needs.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.