My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

I feel like my legs are going to explode

8 replies

bambino1 · 16/04/2004 23:03

For the last week or so my legs have felt really tight and as if they are going to burst. The only time I feel comfortable is lying flat on my back with legs flat, but being six months pregnant, this postion isn't best for baby. Does anyoe know what I am experiencing and what i could do to relieve it?

OP posts:
CountessDracula · 16/04/2004 23:04

Oh god poor you, sounds like water retention. Are they swollen? Have you called your midwife to discuss?

bambino1 · 16/04/2004 23:06

they are a little swollen than usual. the midwife has said something like that and she said it will get worse and won't go till i have the baby. Is this true?

OP posts:
CountessDracula · 16/04/2004 23:08

Well I don't know as I didn't have it, but I believe that is true.

this might help you

suzywong · 16/04/2004 23:10

for temprary relief you could try Clarins Heavy Leg Cream (jambes Lourdes) it's bright green and tingles when you put it on and feels heavenly. I had something similar, so sympathies to you

bambino1 · 16/04/2004 23:13

oh that sounds good. can i get that in boots do you think?

OP posts:
CountessDracula · 16/04/2004 23:14

Don;t think Boots stock Clarins. Superdrug do now though, but maybe not every branch. John Lewis and dept stores do

suzywong · 16/04/2004 23:16

It really hits the spot, and one tube should see you through the next three months

bambino1 · 16/04/2004 23:16

thank you for that. I will pop out and get some tomorrow. Gives me an excuse to go near mothercare again!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.