My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Someone please help me. I feel so poorly I could cry.

38 replies

YellowFeathers · 07/06/2006 12:20

Sad

For over a week now I have been feeling lightheaded and faint on a morning which seems to subside by lunch time although yesterday it came back in the afternoon.
Had MW out when it first started and she said everthing baby wise was fine. Bloods ok, BP fine, am totally A OK
but
this has carried on.

I think I have narrowed it down that it might be something to do with my bowel movements as they have been a bit loose (sorry if TMI).

Today has been a total joke. I've ended up dragging my SIL over at 7am this morning to stay with me whilst I got dh back home (he set off at 5:30am to travel 60 miles to work) and then he finally came back.

Baby hasn't moved as much as normal but there has been movement.
I rang the emergency Dr this morning who said its a virus and tbh I am not willing to accept this. If it was a virus I would feel shit all of the time, right?
I have a Dr coming to see me between 12-3pm today but I really really really don't want to be fobbed off with its a virus.

Just thought I would ask the wise old world of MN and see what you think.
What on earth is making me feel like I want to pass out?
I'm so sad and cheesed off right now.

OP posts:
trinityrhino · 08/06/2006 07:47

kaysed that sounds like a plan I should try.

where do you buy spatone and is it safe from the very beginning (i'm only 6+2)

trinityrhino · 08/06/2006 07:48

oooops kayZed..........sorry

kayzed · 08/06/2006 08:19

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kayzed · 08/06/2006 08:19

pucca · 08/06/2006 08:20

How you feeling today YK?

Hope you feeling better? Smile

kayzed · 08/06/2006 08:20

pucca · 08/06/2006 08:20

YK?!? Meant YF doh!

melsy · 08/06/2006 09:03

How are you today yellow? Many good suggestions on here. I have a feeling it could be low blood sugar , which I have and suffer the same symptoms you describe if I over do it on the refined sugar. If you do eat something very sugary , follow it with something slow released like wholmeal bread , almonds, basically high fibre , complex carbs. Mornings can deffo be the worst time for it , as you havent eaten all night. Hence digestives being a good boost 1st thing.

The only other thing I can think is that you are harbouring a virus or an infection , as I also got the spaced out sicky , faint feeling when I went through non stop illness a few weeks ago.

I do hope its just the 1st one , as that can be easily remedied with diet additions.

YellowFeathers · 08/06/2006 10:27

Hi
thanks for asking.

Don't feel too bad today but I think I'm panicing about it too so the anxious feeling is making it worse IYSWIM.
As dramatic as this may sound, I've even been thinkng about talking to my MW about an elective section at 37 weeks Sad just so I can feel better.

I've taken on board what everyone has said especially about the low blood sugar because I'm not a great eater and could do alot better.
My mum has come down today to stay with me too and shes going to take me to the supermarket so I'm stocking up!

Thanks so much for all your help and advice. Its really appreciated Smile

OP posts:
YellowFeathers · 08/06/2006 12:47

Just been to the shop and bought a few bits.

My mum made me a ham, spinach, watercress and rocket sarnie on a wholemeal roll with a couple of toms and a nectarine.
I'm also drinking more water.

Going to make a god effort with this as I feel it really could help.

OP posts:
trinityrhino · 08/06/2006 12:50

good luck yellowfeathers Smile

it is surprising how eating differently can really help.
it's true that if you eat a lot of sugar then you will have sugar slumps and feel awful.

I do the same thing and I;m trying to eat better things like houmous and wholemeal pita.

also drinking fresh juices and trying not to eat loads of crap

YellowFeathers · 08/06/2006 12:53

Got lots of fruit
blueberries, nectarines, apples, oranges, bananas
and some hummous and ryvita.

Had to get some rich tea biscuits too, to get rid of that awful hunger pang on a morning.

OP posts:
kayzed · 08/06/2006 16:31

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.