Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Stuck with potty training

Kuminss · 16/10/2021 19:34

Hello!!! My DD is 15 month we been potty training since she was around 10 month. We were doing good but we have hit the wall and im not too sure what am I doing wrong?!?!? I was taking very relaxed approach to potty training. She just got put on potty after every sleep and we teaching her sign for it. Recently I discovered my husband has misunderstood my instructions about signing Shock, not to worry its all been sorted and she is starting to sign potty just not quite when she needs to go.
Now she still gets to sit on potty every time she wakes up. Difference is that by the time she gets up from sleep she has done her poop in nappy already Hmm. I have started to put her on potty before she goes down, but she doesn't do it.
We been using biodegradable nappies up till now. I have purchased training pants just to see how we get on. So now I have noticed that we can sit on potty for 15min with no result and then 10min off potty and I can see accident.
We are multilingual house hold so she is not talking yet. Signing is our only way of communication. She gets confused with sings still, so it's lot of guess work with her at the moment...I guess guess work doesn't change whatever age your child is Grin.
Anyway Shall I change to real nappies, continue with training pants? Am I too inpatient? Am I crazy?
Sorry for such long message.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Luzina · 16/10/2021 19:39

My children both potty trained in 24 hours, one aged 3yrs4months and one at 3yrs6months.
Neither of them talked (apart from the odd word until 2yrs6months, not a multilingual household

Nothing wrong with putting her on a potty but maybe she’s not ready yet to fully move out of nappies?

Please
or

Littlescottiedog · 16/10/2021 19:41

Perhaps just wait until she's a little older? I know people who have trained their children young, but starting at 10 months seems very, very young. DC is nearly 3 and not really started yet, although we have one and he knows what it's for. Not saying you have to wait as long as we have, but perhaps hold off for a while? Just keep it around so she knows it's there?

Please
or

ItsahardGobbutsomeonehastodoit · 16/10/2021 19:42

Agreed about it being early. 3y with my oldest and 2y7m with the other and the older one was a breeze.

Please
or

Brollywasntneededafterall · 16/10/2021 19:42

Sorry but a lot of your day must be taken up trying to manage the toilet habits of a dc too young to grasp your logic...
Enjoy your baby and leave potty training for a year or so...

Please
or

Littlescottiedog · 16/10/2021 19:43

Oh, and DC wasn't really talking until nearly 2. We're not a multilingual household, although I do have a hearing loss so have been teaching them BSL signs.

Please
or

Holyridonkulus · 16/10/2021 19:44

I think you're just trying too young tbh

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.