Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Is DD ready or not?

funinthesun19 · 11/07/2021 12:19

My DD age 2 and 9 months will do a wee or poo on the potty but really it’s only when I take her. I give her loads of praise and she always looks happy.
If I leave her to remember herself, she has accidents every time. Is this all just part of the process? I think she has a bit of an understanding of language delay, so maybe she’s not really understanding my instructions to remember to use the potty if she needs a wee or a poo. Should I just keep on doing what I’m doing?

I’ve potty trained three times times before as I have older children, but each of those times I just felt like I was winging it too.

I’d love for DD to start nursery class at school in October after she’s turned 3 at the end of September, but I know they won’t let her start unless she’s potty trained. Do you think she will get there by then?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Snowpaw · 11/07/2021 12:23

How does she react when she has accidents?

Please
or

funinthesun19 · 11/07/2021 12:32

She doesn’t get upset or anything. She just stares at the floor and looks at it. I’ve noticed when she does a wee it looks as though she’s trying to stop it with her hands.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Quicksilver15 · 12/07/2021 12:56

Gah would also like to know if this is part of the process too at any age, little boy in cloth nappies 20months so ridiculously young, he will use potty when I take him for 1s & 2s and is now going dry through night & nap (not planned!!), what do I do it feels like it’s already too late to backtrack & not use the potty especially given he’s going 11hours at night & still waiting 15mins for me to get him up in the morning to use potty. Help!! He is really not capable going on his own given his age & motor skills but is also not self initiating (you could maybe say he is after sleep as he will walk there) but most the times in the day I have to try and get him to go on the potty! Playtime’s are a nightmare as whilst I know he can hold it a couple of hours that is not always consistent.. whilst he sometimes acknowledges he’s done a wee or poo in training pants or nappy even this is not consistent and now feeling a bit stuck like he’s going to be training for the next year..

Please
or

elbo7 · 12/07/2021 14:15

OP, I'm slightly off topic here but I thought that children couldn't be refused admission for not being potty trained. I apologise if it's wrong but the Eric website is useful for this www.eric.org.uk/help-at-school-faqs

I would have thought that nursery would be covered in the rules especially a school nursery? 3 is not that old to be not fully toilet trained these days and some children take longer than others.

Good luck! I did not enjoy toilet training!

Please
or

Pissinthepottyplease · 13/07/2021 12:04

How long have you being potty training her for? Can she manage her clothes? The Oh crap books says it takes an average of 4 weeks to self initiate using the potty.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.