Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Girl 2.5 years

Duckfamily · 08/07/2020 18:14

If my little girl drinks a full 90mil cup, she needs to pee in 40 mins or she will start to leak and have an accident. If she doesn't have a drink, then of course she can stay dry for hours. Wondering if she's ready for potty training?

We started training a couple of months ago and she is very willing and switched on, will even take herself when she needs to go, but the novelty seems to be wearing off a bit and the accidents are increasing. I fear it's because she can't hold her drink for long enough.

Do we put the nappies back on? Thoughts welcome!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ispywithmycynicaleye · 09/07/2020 02:10

I think you'll be going backwards if you go back to nappies. Do you have more than one potty in different areas? So she can see one no matter what room she plays? Also wayyyyyyy over the top praise every time.

I did start potty training younger than normal and DD (just turned 2) is potty trained. She was potty trained at 1 but a medical problem which led to pain down below made her think her potty was hurting her! Every now and then I would put it beside her and ask if she needs. One day I was in the kitchen and I heard the biggest cheer from DD. She had done her business in her potty.

We keep the novelty going, over excited well done, she comes with me to empty/ clean the potty, we taught her to say pee, poo and potty so she now says when she needs. We taught her to wet wipe herself after, so gave all the toilet responsibility to her which she loves.

I am now teaching her to wear proper underwear and to pull up or down. Before I left her bottomless. Still get accidents here but she is getting better.

How many pottys does your DD have access to? We have 3 downstairs so she always has close access to them. I also often sat her on her potty and put toys in front of her, I would empty out the building blocks and we would play together while she sits on it, and every so often ask her if she has done anything. I found it helped her develop a better awareness.

I do still use nappy pants if we need to go out and at night time.

It is great your DD understands what her potty is for. It is difficult and frustrating and there is nothing wrong with putting a nappy on her too.

Please
or

Ispywithmycynicaleye · 09/07/2020 02:11

Sorry, meant to say going backwards if you go back to nappies full time. Ignore me, I need sleep!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.