Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Nighttime tips

Catworrier · 30/06/2020 22:54

Hey. So looking for a little guidance here on what has helped you best with potty training at night.

My LO has started to remove his own nappy through the night but wakes up with accidents. He's also asked to go without a nappy tonight so we are embracing his decision (3.5yrs).

I've done the layers of mattress protector/bedsheet/nappy training pad/bedsheet to make it easier to deal with in the night but what else helped you?

Do you keep the bathroom lit up for them and a potty out? Do you wake them to help? I have no siblings or friends with young ones so apart from the NCT results on google, I'd like some real life hints and tips. Fully aware that one rule won't work for others. But after a huge bout of PND I'd like to make this as easy as possible for both of us xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Catworrier · 02/07/2020 00:01

Can anyone recommend anything?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MsPeeWee · 06/07/2020 13:54

Have you also tried Dry Nights pants?

They do not look like nappy but pull up and down. They come in sizes 3-5 years, 4-7 years and 8-15 years and so should fit.

You can also be get from
Sainsburys washable pant that feel like real pants in case he thinks Dry Nights is like his nappy.

A light is important from bed to potty or bathroom at all times also otherwise he get scared and pee because of not wanting to walk in the dark.

My daughter age 7 and still wet and I won’t make it a problem for her so hopefully won’t be problem for your son.

Please
or

MsPeeWee · 06/07/2020 18:59

Also I experiment with wake her when I go to bed to pee.

It did work to keep the bed dry but then she struggle to get back to sleep and is tired in the morning and tired at school.

I find it is better for her to wet in her sleep (in the dry night pants) and have a good day at school instead of wake her to pee to get dry bed in the morning but tired at school and in the morning.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.