Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Will only poo in pants or nappy!

DangletitsMcDougal · 26/10/2018 16:06

HELP ME!

My twin girls are just over 3 and have got the wees bit down. Very rarely have a wee accident (unless having a massive tantrum/poo as you do at 3).

However they will NOT even entertain the idea of pooing in the potty. I ask why they answer "because I poo in my pants/nappy" ie not a real answer. I started off being "oh okay dont worry next time we'll do it on the potty", then "if you poo you can have a chocolate" " you poo you can have a mini roll" and this week out of desperation I tried "if you poo on the potty or the toilet you can have a special present" which resulted in one sitting on the potty until she'd squeezed a morsel of poo out. She then received a small gift we had reserved from her birthday and were saving for xmas. Put her nappy on then also as it was PJ and bedtime and she did a proper poo in that immediately.... :(

So we are back to the no pooing on the potty and out of ideas and running out of pants. I've told them it is not ok to poo in your pants. Not in an angry way but please don't do that its not ok way.

Any ideas... No idea what to do except wait this one out...

OP's posts:
Please
or

tumtitum · 26/10/2018 16:14

No idea but following as my almost 3 year old DD is exactly the same! Also withholds her poo and gets horribly constipated so is on laxatives at the moment which make for most unpleasant poos in the pants 🤢

Please
or

Spankyoumuchly · 26/10/2018 16:16

Can you line the potty with the nappy?

Please
or

YourMilkshakeIsBetterThanMine · 26/10/2018 16:16

Mine did the same. She was fine with wee but took an extra couple of months to do a poo. She was happy to poo in her pants or a nappy. When she did eventually start using the toilet she would only poo naked. By 3.5 she was using the toilet normally.

Please
or

LuCy1100 · 26/10/2018 16:33

with my dd when she did this we just let her go in a nappy, we did that thing where you count down the nappies and when there all gone mummy isnt going to buy any more. We did this and she held her poo for a very long time. It made her ill and just wasnt worth it. She has stopped now aged 4 but she used to ask for a nappy i would put it on her and then once i she had gone i changed her butt and she went back to pants. She will grow out of it and in my opinion its better to contain it in a nappy rather than having to scrubb out of pants. It does get better i promise! hth

Please
or

ohlittlepea · 26/10/2018 16:36

My daughter was like this. Sitting having a story on the potty helped.

Please
or

BerriesandLeaves · 26/10/2018 16:40

Dd was the same. She was scared of doing it without a nappy on. We did it gradually with a reward chart. First sitting on potty with nappy on, then with one side torn, then both sides, then open, then pushed a bit down loo etc. It worked.

Please
or

IHeartMarmiteToast · 26/10/2018 18:54

We have tried getting them to tell us they need a nappy.... we will persevere . No issues atm with constipation but it is a worry as one of them has suffered terribly before... thanks guys. Some good ideas

Please
or

Yabbadabbadoo666 · 28/10/2018 21:00

My lo wee'd in the potty from 2.6months then poo'd in nappy til 4.6months!!! I tried everything. I mean everything!!! Did not work and I Had no idea what was going to happen when she started school. So I saud we would have to see the doctor (genuinely) after so long so incentives were working. So then she went to the toilet to poo!! And has done since! Just give it time.. . Do not stress it will happen - took 2 years for my lo!

Please
or

strongandlong · 28/10/2018 21:03

Poo goes to pooland worked with my dd. She never liked the potty, so we went straight to the look with a comfy child seat thing on.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.