Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Reluctant to stop nappies

mummysandwich · 24/07/2017 17:16

I have twin girls who will be 3 next month. We tried potty training at Easter but they were not at all keen to try it so I didn't push it.
Yesterday we tried again, this time putting a bit more pressure on them to try it.
However, they just don't seem to 'get' it and after their lunchtime nap have refused to take their nappies off this afternoon.
I feel like it's not the right time for them, and don't want to push them too hard and have it backfire, but am concerned I'm giving up too easily! Potty training is a faff at the best of times, and twins...! I am also feeling guilty for my eldest DD (5.9) who has just started summer holidays and is thoroughly bored and miserable 😔.
Any thought or advice anyone?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BroomstickOfLove · 24/07/2017 17:20

I'd wait. Nappy-free in the garden (if you have one) on hot days and see if they get it, and if not, there's plenty of time.

Please
or

ExplodedCloud · 24/07/2017 17:25

We were pushed into trying to train ds by his playschool. It was a disaster of epic proportions that ended up with over a year of medication and him back in nappies.
I'm a firm believer in waiting until they actually have some desire to ditch nappies if you have the luxury of time.

Please
or

ExplodedCloud · 24/07/2017 17:27

*when he did finally want to try, it was much easier!

Please
or

mummysandwich · 24/07/2017 18:10

That confirms it for me - stopping for now is the right thing to do.
Thanks all 🙂

OP's posts:
Please
or

Identity1 · 24/07/2017 22:44

My eldest is nearly 3 and a half and I've just started with him. Wasn't interested before and got quite upset so I've left it til how and we're not doing too bad.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.