Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Any tips for Day 2?

meringue33 · 19/09/2015 18:39

Day 1 has gone well, I think. Only 3 accidents and lots of wees in the potty.

No poo, I think he was holding it in, though there was a poo in his nappy this morning so it may just have been that he already pooed for the day.

We put a nappy back on about 6pm as he was tired and didn't want to use the potty any more.

Any tips for tomorrow? Should we put pants on? He has been bottomless today. Hoping he can go to nursery on Monday.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bejeena · 20/09/2015 09:02

How old is he? My little boy is almost 26 months and has been using potty successfully whilst bottomless for a week now, but it is a bit if a different story with pants on so being ok for nursery on Monday might be optimistic but you never know.

We have tried pants and so far he just takes them off but why not give it a go, if he is older he might be more aware of it.

Please
or

Doublebubblebubble · 20/09/2015 09:14

Same as bejeena how old is he?? If he is 2.1/2+ I would personally keep him in pants through the day from now on.... if they have an accident it feels different uncomfortable for them. Also, what ever you do dont use pull ups...

Also try - if you can - to wake him through the night to use the potty... So if he goes to bed at 6/7 - when you go to bed at 10/11 gently wake him and sit him on the potty. If he does something great. If he doesn't that's fine too but it'll help to get him used to the whole getting out of bed to use the bathroom early on x good luck xx

Please
or

meringue33 · 20/09/2015 19:43

He is 2y9m. This morning he begged to put a nappy on so we just let him! We tried bribes to use potty but he wasn't interested so we just left it - it seemed it would be counterproductive to get cross.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Doublebubblebubble · 20/09/2015 21:22

Maybe leave it a few days then - he is still very young - my DD was about the same age And tbh she was easier than I was expecting (she is a freak of nature though...lol) make sure you don't put any undue pressure on yourself or him. It's a learning curve for both of you and there is no reason to be angry. Yes it is annoying if they have an accident and there will be many even after he's "potty trained" but if you just calmly wipe him down and say... If you could try to get it in the potty next time that would be good.

Have you tried having him stand up to use it rather than sit down (a lot of kids don't like to be sat on a hard potty for a long time)??

Ive never had to potty train a boy yet (38 weeks with one though) but I have heard that making a game of it can encourage use as well...
If you throw some cheerios in the potty and see if you can get him to "aim" and hit them then he might do it x

Please
or

meringue33 · 21/09/2015 10:26

Oh that's a good idea will try that :-)
Congrats on your impending arrival:-)

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.