Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Very quick regression

Cuppatea14 · 11/09/2014 20:22

Bit baffled, we trained DD about two weeks ago, and it went brilliantly, she was accident free by day three. Continued great for about a week and a half. Then last week we took a few days off and kept her home from nursery. So a minor change to routine, but it was only wed-fri off and we didn't go away anywhere. Anyway it all went wrong from the Wednesday onwards, a good few wee accidents and absolutely no poos in the loo at all. Back in nursery on Monday, and things were a bit better initially but today was another disaster- three poos in her pants. Not sure how to approach it, I think she is ready given she was so great the first week, so I don't want to have to go back to nappies. Don't want to stress her out but at the same time we can't carry on like this. I'm pregnant but she doesn't seem that bothered by the pregnancy yet, it's all a bit abstract for her at this stage. She turned 2 in May.

OP's posts:
Please
or

OurPottyTrainingTips · 12/09/2014 09:50

Hi Cuppatea14,

First off - try not to panic or stress out (I know - easier said than done most of the time).

Pop her back into nappies when you need to go out and focus on positive reinforcements and frequent reminders when she's back home and you're in the vicinity of the potty. She may just need some gentle reminders that she has to physically go to the potty.

You may want to talk to her about you being pregnant just in case that's the problem - she may sense things are changing that you're not aware of.

If you need some stress free time, there's no harm in putting her into a nappy for a few hours. You have to look after yourself during this time and your DD will be fine if she has to wear a nappy for a bit.

Good luck!

P.S. Not been around for a while as we have our own 6 month old son (along with our 2.5 year old who's just starting on the potty training road).

Please
or

Cuppatea14 · 12/09/2014 11:08

Thanks for the reassurance! It's a lesson not to get too smug too early anyway. What's the best way to handle accidents, I'm starting to think we should give no reaction at all, just say nothing and get her cleaned up, and save the reaction for when she manages in the loo? Confused

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.