Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Regression...

Dikladikla26 · 25/08/2014 15:10

My first boy is now 24 months.
We potty/toilet trained him 2 months ago and he happily took to it. It was amazing he didn't have any accidents and was clean straight away. We were so proud of him and after a while we stopped being frequent with the stickers and I guess the praises.
Two weeks ago his nanny of one year left and he started nursery. At the same time he started what we seem to think is a regression. It happens mostly when he spends the morning/day in the house with both of us around.
He will start the wee in his pants and then say wee wee, go to the toilet and do the rest there. Sometimes it's more than just few drops and we have to change his trousers as well.
I'm seriously going mad as this morning for example we had changed 4 sets before he went on his daytime nap (though not every day is this bad and he's dry when at nursery).
We introduced the stickers chart back with an X for wet pants and he was making sure we didn't forget to put the X when he's wet (I assume it didn't work so well...)
We told him that wee in pants makes mommy sad and dry pants happy.
We also tried offering a reward like raisins if he stays dry all day!

I'm lost now! What's next?
Don't know what else to do...
Please help.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Dikladikla26 · 26/08/2014 12:21

Anyone?

OP's posts:
Please
or

CagneynotLacey · 26/08/2014 20:42

I don't have much advice but wanted to let you know that you're not alone. My ds was potty trained some months ago and has seriously regressed too. Tonight I had to throw away pants after a poo - thought that I had left those days waaaay behind. That's unusual but, sadly, wees in pants are common after months of being fine.
I have no idea why it's happening to DS but it sounds from your post that your ds might be upset about his huge change of routine - nanny leaving and starting nursery at the same time must be a big deal for him. I would be really kind and supportive and just continue to train as if it's not a regression. No big fuss and no pressure when he gets it wrong and lots of praise when he gets it right.
Maybe I should take my own advice but I suspect my one is just too busy playing to go anymore. Better things to do than go to the toilet!

Please
or

Dikladikla26 · 26/08/2014 21:03

Thank you for your comment.
He's going through a lot also turning 2 and having multiple Bday parties.
I'm trying my best to keep it together and stick to stickers and a fruit treat for dry days.
Today he wet himself at nursery though his teacher said he got up in the middle and wet himself while standing...
I hope tomorrow is better :-)
Good luck to you too!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.