Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What do your older children wear at night once pull ups too small?

sarahbanshee · 02/09/2013 00:03

My about to be 5yo is not yet dry at night - he will go two or three days dry, and then we have a night where his pull up is soaking wet. I'm fine with this, we know he will get there when he's ready, the only thing is the size 6 pull ups are starting to be quite tight! What do those of you with older kids still in night nappies use? I have seen those pyjama pants but they seem to be sold more for kids who are mainly dry 'just in case' and so I worry they won't cope and the poor lad will wake up soaked through. Do they work better than I think? Is there a secret nappy size bigger than size 6? What's the secret?!?

OP's posts:
Please
or

LakeFlyPie · 02/09/2013 00:10

I got some Pyjama Pants for DS1 (5) for recent campervan trip; sold as suitable for age 5-7.
Absorbency was fine on the couple of occasions they were wet in morning.

HTH

Please
or

Ireallymustbemad · 02/09/2013 00:30

It's a few years ago now but we used pyjama pants. Ds1 wasn't dry at night until about 6.

Please
or

Jellypudmum · 02/09/2013 00:51

I am still struggling with my dd aged 7 with this. Reassured by continence clinic not to worry!? She uses the pj pants (there's a few brands out there) and all are very absorbent and work well.

Please
or

AngryFeet · 02/09/2013 00:55

Drynites age 8-15 here. Worked as well as nappies.

Please
or

bumpertobumper · 02/09/2013 01:24

I take ds1, who is almost 6, for a pee when I go to bed. and have under sheet drynites, a bed nappy, which protects the mattress from occasional accidents.

Please
or

MissLurkalot · 02/09/2013 01:38

Pampers easy up go up to 6+

Please
or

Twinklestarstwinklestars · 02/09/2013 01:43

Pampers pyjama pants go up to size 7 at least (there may be another above this too) I got some for my nearly 4 year old as size 6 we're getting too small.

Please
or

sarahbanshee · 02/09/2013 23:16

Thanks everyone - we will give the pyjama pants a go then!

OP's posts:
Please
or

piratecat · 02/09/2013 23:19

yes Huggies Drynites here, was wearing them for a long time (into double figures i'm afraid)

Please
or

jandmmum · 07/09/2013 09:20

I really wanted to take 3yo dd out of nappies at night as she had been dry for ages but 5yo ds still wasn't and he did not want to be in "nappies" (pyjama pants) when his sister wasn't. I did a bit of research and ended up buying an enuresis alarm. It was quite expensive at around £100 but has worked wonders. The one I have is a mat rather than in the pants. It goes under a flannelette sheet and if he wees it alarms and so he goes to the toilet. It worked really fast. He used to wet the bed most nights (although had been dry from age 3.5 to 4.5). We're on week 8 of the using it and have had only 4 wet nights in 4 weeks. In the first 2 weeks we only had 5 wet out of 14 which was a miracle in itself. Has definitely been worth the money and can probably sell it once he no longer needs it (they recommend 3 weeks of total dry before stopping using it).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.