Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

2 and a half and not showing any interest

dolallymum · 16/07/2013 18:20

My DD is 2 and a half and she is showing no interest what so ever in using the potty or toilet, no matter what I try.
Help me please! Sad

OP's posts:
Please
or

fifi669 · 16/07/2013 19:46

I can't help at all DS is the same! Tried the naked in the garden thing with a potty on stand by, led to poo down legs and me frantically wet wiping grass. Had an accidental wee when I made him sit on it incase of unfinished poo. Praised lots. Asked him if he wanted to be a big boy and use the potty/toilet like mummy/daddy/any other person he likes. He said eeerrrr no.

Nursery are mass potty training at the mo, no wins there either.

Please
or

dolallymum · 16/07/2013 21:14

DD has seen me use the toilet 1000's of times (no privacy in my bathroom) and knows what I am doing but still will not use it.
She also knows if she uses them she gets a sticker on her chart - she tells me everyday what she got each one for (3 poos and 1 wee, in the last 2 months).
It's a mission to even get her to go change her nappy, but I know that is only as she's having that much fun she doesn't want to stop so she can go use the loo or have her nappy changed.
Some friends advise give up and try in a month or two, and others say persist. Decisions, decisions.

OP's posts:
Please
or

fifi669 · 16/07/2013 22:35

My mum says wait until he's ready.... She had 5 so I guess she knows what she is doing. A few of my friends had their children sorted before 2 and others are attempting now. I do have one friend who's the classic 'oh are they still doing that' friend. Grrr

Please
or

Kikibee · 16/07/2013 22:38

I have 4, my last two both were older than 3, one of them was terrified of falling down the loo, a padded loo seat sorted that out :D don't panic :)

Please
or

dolallymum · 18/07/2013 15:32

Think leaving it for a month or so may be my best bet. We are flustered enough with this heat. Adding toilet training to it is maybes not the best idea.

OP's posts:
Please
or

PogoBob · 18/07/2013 15:38

We tried DD when 2 1/2 and whilst she knew what the potty was for, she had no interest in actually using it and a week of trying was getting quite flustered and upset.

She is now 2y11mo and we started again on Monday. Been going great guns, no real accidents and been out and about and asking for the toilet.

Has even come in from the garden when playing in the paddling pool to use the potty rather than peeing in the garden.

Sometimes I think they need to wait.

Please
or

JuliaScurr · 18/07/2013 15:41

dd was 3 1/2
more pressure made her worse
they all do it eventually

Please
or

SpottyTeacakes · 18/07/2013 15:44

Dd was potty trained end of march and was three in the middle of June.

As soon as she was two people started asking about potty training Hmm I just said I was waiting until she was ready. She didn't really show any signs but I thought we'd give it a go and after a week she was dry, with only a few accidents in that first week.

Don't worry about anyone else just do what's best for you and your dd Smile

Please
or

dolallymum · 18/07/2013 18:40

I think thats the thing spottyteacakes everyone keeps harping on at me about it it makes me feel pressured, but definately think we are going to wait.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SpottyTeacakes · 18/07/2013 20:48

Just ignore them. A lot can change in a couple of weeks/months with a two year old Smile much easier to wait until they're 100% ready IMO

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.