Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

How do you hold your child on an adult loo seat...

MrsBeaver · 23/03/2012 21:16

...when you don't have a training seat/potette seat with you?

Daft question I'm sure, but when I hold my 3.6 DD on a loo seat when out and about, she seems scared about falling. So how can I help her feel safer?

OP's posts:
Please
or

PrisonerOfWaugh · 23/03/2012 21:20

You could try holding her backwards, so she is facing towards the cistern, that way more of the seat is under her bum IYSWIM.

Or hold her under the thighs so she is dangling from you and not actually touching the seat - need a strong back though.

Or always carry one of these folding loo seats

Please
or

CointreauVersial · 23/03/2012 21:22

I had a folding loo-seat in my handbag - brilliant.

Please
or

MrsBeaver · 23/03/2012 21:27

Thanks, I've never seen that product before, it would be less bulky than taking a potette everywhere.

When I said I hold her, what I meant was that I sit her on the seat and just hold her shoulders so she doesn't fall back , I don't actually hover her above the seat.

OP's posts:
Please
or

bigbadbarry · 23/03/2012 21:30

DD3, who is just 2, manages to hold herself on with no bother: I am not allows to help. Just make sure she washes her hands well after! I seem to remember just holding the hands of the other two when they were small.

Please
or

notcitrus · 23/03/2012 21:35

I hold ds by the hands as if doing row row row your boat.

Please
or

moomintash · 02/04/2012 21:49

My boys are were scared of falling also, we tried the folding seat but they didn't like how it wobbled. (We have the child/adult combo seat at home) So I crouch to the side and put my whole arm round their back, they seem to feel more secure this way.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.