Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Has anyone got any advice for nighttime training

Dlamis · 24/01/2012 12:53

Not sure if this is the right place as the ds's are already potty trained. Now we are going for losing the nappies at night. Ds1 is 6, ds2 nearly 4.

So far we have had lots of enthusiasm from them which is good but also lots of wet bedding. I don't want them to get discouraged.

Any tips/advice would be welcome.THanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Dlamis · 25/01/2012 14:00

hopeful bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

NanBullen · 25/01/2012 14:17

My ds (4) has been potty trained during the day since about 3 but would not consider going without his pull ups at night.

anyway, it got to the point where we knew he was completely dry at night but then 1st thing on a morning was just weeing in his pull ups instead of going to the loo. so we said we'd try going without a few nights.

the 1st few nights were ok then he started wetting again, in the middle of the night usually, he was asleep so not his fault.

the way we got round this was our son just wears normal pants (as in, one's he'd wear during the day) under his pjs for bed and for some reason (psychological? dunno!) he doesn't wee in them during the night. don't know if this'll work for your sons but it has seemed to work for ours!

good luck Grin

Please
or

20wkbaby · 25/01/2012 14:27

As far as I am aware (am prepared to be corrected on this) staying dry in the night is a developmental stage that a child has either reached or hasn't. Something to do with brain chemistry, and so in that respect there isn't really a lot you can do to make them stay dry until they have reached that stage. A very small number of people are well into their teens before they manage to stay dry at night.

Sorry not very helpful but it might make you feel less like there is something you could/ should be doing.

Please
or

Dlamis · 25/01/2012 14:51

Thanks both.

I heard that too 20wkbaby and it's probably true for ds2. He doesn't like wearing nappies but still wets at night, then as soon as he wakes he will whipp it off and run to the toilet. However ds1 is just lazy when it comes to going to the toilet and will happily wee in a nappy if it is there/as soon as he wakes up. Will try the pants thing though Nan, despite his laziness he doesn't like having wet pants.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.