Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What would you do?

bebejones · 13/04/2011 13:28

I think DD(2.8) might be showing signs of starting to be ready to 'night train'! I really didn't want to train her at night, I was happy leaving her in nappies until she was dry on her own. (I was still in nappies at night at nearly 5) BUT she is waking 1 or 2 times in the night and shouting that she needs to go for a wee & won't do it in her nappy. We put her in Pull-ups last night from the beginning of the night (as it's easier when half asleep to get them on & off) & it was the first time in 2 weeks she slept right through. Hmm Consequently she soaked the pull ups & her pyjamas & sheet were damp this morning!

SO should I put her back in nappies & leave a stack of pull-ups in the bathroom. Or should I lift her when I go to bed & see if she'll go? She will wee in her nappy when asleep, unless she has woken for a wee.

She is dry in the daytime (bar the now very occasional accident). I know she is still quite young to be dry at night/night trained. Just not sure what to do.

FWIW Our only toilet is downstairs & she won't go in the potty (upstairs) if she asks to go. Am hoping that if I lift her I can get her to go on the potty rather than take her downstairs.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AlmaMartyr · 14/04/2011 11:45

Hmm, not much advice. My DD is same age and we thought she might be ready because she has a tendency to get up, take her nappy off, go for a wee and then go back to sleep (she does that on her own so doesn't call for us Hmm). We tried not putting a nappy on at all for a while but the bed was damp in the mornings most nights so now we just put on a nappy at bedtime and then leave her to it. The nights that she takes her nappy off herself when she goes for a wee she tends to be dry otherwise she takes her nappy off first thing to use the toilet.

Not much use really, but it is a dilemma, I'm not sure how to proceed at all. I think we're going to carry on as we are, although I like the idea of leaving pullups out for her if she wants them.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.