My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Post C Section Pai

3 replies

Loroll · 12/03/2024 13:27

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar pain, can't find much via Google. My Dr's surgery won't book me in for the 6-8 week check up until the hospital has confirmed the birth with them, and I'm not quite 6 weeks yet.

My scar seems to have/is healing fine - midwife discharged me. The pain I am getting is on my right hand side, approx 3 inchs above my incision, right hand side and is constant. Worse when I'm moving around or getting up and down off the bed for instance.

I think it's the same place I've had from the start, but because I was so swollen and in such pain all over I couldn't quite pinpoint it.

Loo habits all normal, bleeding minimal now and no signs of infection. I'm just wondering if the area of the pain is normal. If this stopped I think I'd feel nearly back to normal!

Thanks in advance :)

OP posts:
Justsmileanwave · 12/03/2024 13:29

Does it feel like muscle pain? Just with you saying it hurts when getting up & down & moving.....your muscle's take a battering during surgery x

Loroll · 12/03/2024 13:38

Thanks for the reply!

It's more like getting your skin trapped in a zip or your finger in a door then a muscle ache, like a really bad pinching in that makes sense x

OP posts:
Justsmileanwave · 12/03/2024 13:44

Loroll · 12/03/2024 13:38

Thanks for the reply!

It's more like getting your skin trapped in a zip or your finger in a door then a muscle ache, like a really bad pinching in that makes sense x

It could be where the stitches inside & the incisions are healing? I had my c sections 16 & 12 years ago & sometimes still get the odd twing in the area. Can you get in touch with your health visitor? Or the maternity unit? X

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.