My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Scared for baby head

4 replies

Mumtobe202310 · 28/12/2023 17:18

Hi mumsnetter, hope you're all well and your LOs.

I took my son to have his vaccine and ordered and uber to go home in

As I was getting in, it was very windy and I was scared for baby as he has bronchiolitis as it is. So as I was trying to get inside the car safely, the car door was closing in on us as it's that windy and I noticed at one point it was touching my baby's head. Now at this point I don't know if it whacked my baby's head or closed in on his head. I have PND and so my thought processes are so messed up I can't remember things at all. This is making me very emotional as I can't remember if the car door whacked my baby's head or just closed onto his head or if it just touched it as I was getting in. I know I sound crazy right now but Im just so upset. He was crying when I realised this, not straight away but when inside the car but I keep thinking it's cos the wind suddenly woke him up as he was sleeping. But I don't know if it's cos the car door hit his head either. Please let me know what your advice is. My son is 3 months exactly today Alhamdulillah.

OP posts:
Lucy377 · 28/12/2023 17:26

How long ago was that and how has he been since?

Mumtobe202310 · 28/12/2023 18:28

Lucy377 · 28/12/2023 17:26

How long ago was that and how has he been since?

An hour ago and he hasnt been crying since, he has been sleeping and woke up now and I'm feeding him

OP posts:
Lucy377 · 28/12/2023 19:46

Hi, well sounds like he's absolutely fine. Best of luck, and hope the PND resolves soon and you start to feel like yourself again soon. You are a great mother, take care.

Mumtobe202310 · 04/01/2024 14:03

Thank you so much. Can I also just say, you sound like an amazing and loving mother to me. Baring in mine you don't know me personally, you responded with reassurance and gentleness and that's so sweet. I really appreciate it.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.