My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Suspected Prolapse

2 replies

Ftmommy · 22/05/2023 17:59

Hi this is my first post on here (sorry its a bit long), I had my baby 7 weeks ago I am struggling with recovery (long labour then forceps delivery with episiotomy). My stitches basically fell apart and while its mainly healed now there is still a little hole, recently though I've noticed and felt a bulge down there (sorry for tmi). So a quick diagnosis from doctor Google seems to be pointing towards uterus prolapse. My GP said its too soon for that and was told to contact midwives who said I need a GP referral. I can see this when I've been checking my stitches recovery and it wasn't there before. I feel like no one really wants to help me or is taking me seriously. I just don't want it to get worse, has anyone got some advice anything I can do to make it better or stop it from getting worse? Or if anyone else has experienced this and how they recovered or if it gets better on its own? I am doing my pelvic floor exercises.

OP posts:
Hafannedd123 · 25/05/2023 20:50

Hi. I have had what you have been through with the stitches. It will heal. I was convinced i had a prolapse. But i didnt! I went for a mummy MOT which really helped to put my mind at ease. Things do feel different there for a while after birth but it can take a long while to feel back to normal so to say. Good luck. If you want to DM feel free as i felt awful in the early stages but it does get better. X

Ftmommy · 31/05/2023 15:58

Hafannedd123 · 25/05/2023 20:50

Hi. I have had what you have been through with the stitches. It will heal. I was convinced i had a prolapse. But i didnt! I went for a mummy MOT which really helped to put my mind at ease. Things do feel different there for a while after birth but it can take a long while to feel back to normal so to say. Good luck. If you want to DM feel free as i felt awful in the early stages but it does get better. X

Thankyou for replying my GP did finally see me and straight away sent off for an urgent referral - what I suspected with the prolapse. Unfortunately I've contacted them and the wait time for an urgent referral is up to 64 weeks. My stitches do feel better though so at least that's something xx

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.