My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Smell

1 reply

Floral581 · 11/04/2023 03:24

Hi 😊 just wondering if anyone's had the same thing!
I'm 8 weeks postpartum, gave birth vaginally and needed an episitomy and forceps in the end. I had an infection in the episotomy, which I had antibiotics for and it totally cleared up.
However, I have noticed the last couple weeks a smell...like stale urine almost in my knickers. I don't think it's a UTI because there's no pain or burning or urgency, and also because I had antibiotics for the episotomy infection. I don't think I'm leaking urine either... so a bit of a mystery
Has anyone else noticed a smell 😖

OP posts:
HappyHolidays22 · 11/04/2023 03:33

Hi Op! Not sure if this will help or not but I had something similar with my firstborn. I ended up buying an over the counter bacterial vaginosis test and it showed that I had BV so I bought some cream. Anyway, turns out that I didn’t have BV… I was the breastfeeding and all the hormone changes that was affecting everything down there and showed a false positive.

id perhaps speak with a GP - or perhaps call your HV? But it could just be all the hormone changes and your body recovering.

congratulations on the birth of your LO! Xx

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.