My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

I think I have postnatal depression?

2 replies

ElMummy · 22/10/2022 22:45

I have a 6 month old and he is the best human in this whole entire world to me but being a stay at home mum is driving me to insanity. I can’t work or clean. I sit here in frustration. There are good days and bad days. Some days when he cries I just want to drop him and runaway (obviously I will never do that). There are no mum groups near me. The closest one is an hour away and I can’t really afford the petrol but I’m hoping I can find a way because I desperately need some mum friends. I cry most days and use food as a coping mechanism which is making me put on weight rather than lose it and in turn is making me feel worse. I don’t even feel like I have time to exercise anyway. There is so much going on in my life it’s really overwhelming. I’m usually good at fixing myself when I get down like this but right now I can’t see a way out, I just feel so stuck. What can I do?

OP posts:
DramaAlpaca · 22/10/2022 22:51

I sympathise very much. I was diagnosed with PND when my youngest was six months old.

The first step is to see your GP, tell them what you've said here. A course of ADs might be necessary. Also, try and get out of the house for a walk every day if you can.

Before long your baby will be more mobile and it'll start to get easier.

SouthwestSis · 24/10/2022 16:26

Can you reach out on local facebook groups to ask to meet up with any parents who have kids a similar age?
Definitely recommend having a chat with your GP too and I think walking or at least doing 1 thing to get yourself out of the house each day is a good thing

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.