My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Birth certificate help

2 replies

Staceyje · 30/07/2022 20:57

Has anyone recently applied for an amendment to their child’s birth certificate? I was wondering what the amendment looks like when added to the margin of the original birth registration when reordering a birth certificate?

The registrar has added my birth surname (in space 9 on the birth certificate) and my deed poll surname (in space 9a) in 2 of my children's birth certificates, and when registering my latest child last week I was advised that this was done incorrectly and for the last birth registry (last week) the registrar only added my deed poll name in space 9 - which is the correct approach.

They have offered to correct the other 2 birth certificates but I’m just wondering whether it is worth adding this correction and how the correction will be recorded, and whether it is something I should go ahead and do as not sure how I feel about it!

Any help would be much appreciated 🙏

OP posts:
Anonymous256 · 17/08/2022 00:37

Me and my now ex partner spilt during the time I was pregnant as I found out he was cheating on me. However, we agreed to be amicable for our baby.
During our relationship he was very sly and lied a lot but I let him walk all over me as I thought I loved him and never wanted to believe it.

I am British and he is Nigerian, during our relationship (3 years) I never met his family as his dad was very traditional. He never really spoke about his family.
However, I gave birth just under a week ago and I went to his parents to take the baby to them and they were very pushy with having him circumcised which I do not want done and taking him to Nigeria. They also were telling me he has to be christened they did not ask, they were telling me. I was not comfortable with this. My ex said nothing.
I am now very worried about putting my ex on the birth certificate as I feel as though they will go behind my back, I completely understand he has a right to be on there- but I am really worried as I was made to feel very uncomfortable and as if it was just a child of their family and not mine. I don’t not trust my ex, he does not care about me at all and I feel like he will do things even if I disagree.
What would you do?

Creepymanonagoatfarm · 17/08/2022 00:42

Keep him off the bc. Wanting to mutilate your baby is good enough reason to keep him away.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.