My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Postnatal SPD/PGP

3 replies

LavenderBlue95 · 03/10/2021 19:01

Good Evening,

Has anybody had postnatal SPD before and have any positive stories, or not at least I’ll know what I’m in for Grin

I am 9 months PP and I still suffer if I stand for long or walk for longer than half an hour. I’m waiting for a physio referral. I’m worried that if it doesn’t go away I’ll struggle to run around a park ect with my son when he’s older.

I had very bad SPD when pregnant with my ds, by 26 weeks I was practically bed bound. I wasn’t referred to the physio then as it was during lockdown and was told pregnant women weren’t a priority, so that’s probably a factor for it not going away.

How long did it take you to heal? Any tips?

OP posts:
TheCheeseBadge · 03/10/2021 19:06

Are you still breastfeeding?

I was referred to an orthopedic hospital about 14/15m pp, and the first thing the dr said was that it wasn't going to go away until I stopped breastfeeding because the relaxin was still being produced due to the breastfeeding.

I did stop feeding, but I also had a steroid injection in my hip at around the same time. I don't know which one worked, but one of them did.

I hope it gets better for you, it's miserable not being able to get around the way you want to.

Rotundpig · 03/10/2021 19:11

I'm 3 years PP since my last baby and still get the grinding in bed turning over but generally day to day it improved after about 9 months and then I had physio and a physio led pilates course for 2 months which helped. Hang in there it does get better (unless you get pregnant again and it's worse second time round)

LavenderBlue95 · 03/10/2021 19:49

@TheCheeseBadge I am breastfeeding, I didn’t even think about that but that makes sense.

Hopefully, it gets better when he stops too. I wasn’t pleased when I still had it after he was born after people told me it magically disappeared!!

Thank you, it really is horrible.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.