My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Anxiety

3 replies

babymummy96 · 24/05/2021 10:18

Hi all,

I have always struggled with what I believe is OCD (all family say it is very clear how bad it is) and slight anxiety. I thought this would get better when I had my little girl as I would be so busy however since giving birth I have this heavy feeling in my chest constantly and the obsessive behaviour has become extreme.

I have never taken my LG out alone and I'm not sure if this is coincidence (I don't drive and it has been winter, dad works from home so we can go out at lunch) or because I am scared to.

I may have to go and stay at my mums soon due to boiler needing replacing and I am actually getting really stressed about her dad not being there to help me as he helps me so much when he's not working. I know my mum will help but I'm just so nervous about this and I don't think I should be? I feel this is a normal thing that I should be looking forward to but I can't get it off my mind! It's not even booked yet!

Everything makes me anxious, how long baby naps for, if she doesn't nap, I get nervous that she'll be upset later, if she's having a 'bad' day teething etc, I get really stressed and upset.

I feel as if I'm always stressed and I often take it out on my partner. I'm unsure what to do about this as I often feel very down but I am not one to talk to a person face to face about my 'feelings'.

OP posts:
idontlikealdi · 24/05/2021 10:30

Oh lovely you need to speak to your go. It's hard, I've been there.

Santatizer · 25/05/2021 18:49

Completely understand, it is so hard and debilitating. Agree with pp to speak with your GP or HV - help is available and you won't be judged. Big unmumsnetty hug.

Santatizer · 25/05/2021 18:53

When I was in my twenties, I would have also found talking about my feelings face to face very difficult. Now I'm a new mum in my early forties and experiencing anxiety, it's still scary to share that with healthcare professionals but the earlier you do, the sooner you can get any help and support available so that you can enjoy your LG. I saw my GP last week and she reminded me that that is why they have the jobs they do - to help people. Would your DP go with you to see someone or talk to your HV with you?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.