My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Discharged 24 hours after c-section

6 replies

movingmelly · 25/03/2021 23:41

Is this normal?
Or maybe because of Covid?
I can't lift baby yet.

OP posts:
Suzi888 · 26/03/2021 02:09

Congratulations on your new baby.

Have you been discharged? Seems early to me, I thought you had to be monitored at least the first three days.

Justscrolling · 26/03/2021 02:46

I think 24 hours is pretty normal, I was discharged after my first a few years ago the following day.
Congratulations, get home to your home comforts and a bath!

Hyppogriff · 26/03/2021 03:09

Yes it is normal now. Though agree it’s a bit nuts! It does get better !! Congrats

ooohbriefcase · 26/03/2021 08:43

Because of covid but I suspect it will become the norm now. I was discharged after 24 hours. Not sure why you've been discharged when you can't pick the baby up yet.
The rules my hospital had were you had to be able to walk unaided or with some help, pick up the baby, pass urine and feel well in yourself (no excessive pain etc)
You should be able to pick up the baby after 24 hours, if you're worried give your midwife or the hospital a ring.

1990shopefulftm · 28/03/2021 13:38

My postnatal ward couldn't have the staff at all to help me for 2 days with baby when I had sepsis, barely got medications anywhere near on time. In all honesty if you ve got help at home I d say it's better to be there.

beckyyl · 28/03/2021 13:42

Yes this is normal. I had my baby Thursday this week emergency c section and was home 24 hours later.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.