My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

Post-partum advice

12 replies

jo4nn492 · 28/04/2020 10:16

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone can give me advice on being prepared for my recovery after giving birth? Is it worth buying 'Spritz for your bitz' or any products like that. Has anyone found a difference in just eating big cotton knickers as opposed to buying the mesh ones? Which painkillers am I able to have when breastfeeding? Any other advice on post-partum care would be greatly appreciated.

OP posts:
Mumdiva99 · 28/04/2020 10:26

Get regular big knickers that fit you at 9months pregnant and a pack the size smaller. Couldn't believe how big I still was after baby I also had a section and needed pants high enough to go above scar. ( the disposable ones I bought ripped when I tried to put them on.

jo4nn492 · 28/04/2020 10:30

Thanks @Mumdiva99 will do!

OP posts:
Pinkflipflop85 · 28/04/2020 10:37

Massive big full briefs. Black ones.
You can have paracetamol and ibuprofen when breastfeeding. I had others top but that was under hospital care in the HDU.
Water bottle and thermos flask for drinks.....newborns feed a lot! You need to drink far more water then you normally would.
Have lots and lots of snacks in. I grazed constantly for the first few weeks of establishing feeding.

Pinkflipflop85 · 28/04/2020 10:38

I would probably wear the knickers rather than eat them though.... Grin

Mmsnet101 · 28/04/2020 10:42

I don't recommend spritz for your bitz in the slightest. Overpriced crap. I blame hormones and constant fb marketing on me buying it Blush Palmers body oil is much better than their stretch mark moisturiser. The spray for downstairs was OK but smelled weird along with all the blood so I preferred a reused spray bottle with warm water to ease pain and freshen up when my stitches were healing. Lansinoh purple nipple cream much better than their nipple oil too, it was too runny and stained everything.

Normal cotton nickers are much comfier, just have a lot of them so you can change regularly.

Buy reusable breast pads, much comfier imo.

Pain killer wise I think it's much the same as when pregnant, plain paracetamol regularly was best for me.

One thing I found really handy was bra extenders so I could loosen depending on how full my boobs were through the day.

Good luck, you'll be fine Smile

jo4nn492 · 28/04/2020 11:11

Thanks @Mmsnet101 I will not bother with that spray then! It has good reviews. Bra extenders is a good idea - I didn't even know they existed!

OP posts:
Pinkflipflop85 · 28/04/2020 14:24

I've never bothered with nursing bras until milk has settled down at around 3 months. Up until then I used the stretchy crop top style nursing bras as my boobs were constantly changing.

jo4nn492 · 28/04/2020 14:54

Thanks @Pinkflipflop85

OP posts:
MrFlibblesEyes · 28/04/2020 14:58

I think spritz for bitz is amazing! I had a large episiotomy and I used the spray on every pad and sometimes directly on the wound and I healed so quickly the midwifes were amazed! I would recommend it a thousand times over.

jo4nn492 · 28/04/2020 23:04

Thanks @MrFlibblesEyes

OP posts:
MoominKitty · 30/04/2020 10:02

Spritz for butz was great! I got mine half price though lol.

I had a second degree tear and stitches and tbh I have felt no pain down there at all after the birth, I spayed it on my pad liberally each time I changed.

If you didn't have piles before get some anusol though just in case, I didn't have any during pregnancy but I pushed a huge one out during labour and it shubk mine in a week!

Also big pants I got mine from amazon and I love them!

Also genital iron tabs, really helped get my energy back in the early weeks.

jo4nn492 · 30/04/2020 10:40

Thanks @MoominKitty

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.