My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

15 weeks PP episiotomy still sore

5 replies

Tulips26 · 06/09/2019 10:03

I'm now 15 weeks PP and still not able to have sex. I feel like childbirth has taken away my sexuality and like I will never heal.

(Sorry TMI) The outer vagina area is still very sore and sort of numb around my episiotomy scar. It looks a bit swollen. My urethra opening has fallen to where my vagina used to be and it's a huge hole (I didn't have this before! Had never even seen my urethra!).

I thought I had a prolapse but my GP said it's probably not. She had a look inside and said it's all very swollen and red so put me on antibiotics.

Anyone else experience anything similar and did things ever go back to normal? I'm still worried the doctor is wrong about there not being a prolapse because of where my urethra is...

Confused

OP posts:
Tulips26 · 08/09/2019 17:51

Anyone?

OP posts:
whataconundrum · 09/09/2019 20:47

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear that you are still sore. I did not have an episiotomy but tore with times. The first time it took me at least 4 months to fee back to normal and less second time.

I think I'd push to check for infection or to see a gynaecologist

Kerrieanne85 · 09/09/2019 20:56

My first DC I had an episiotomy and took about 4-5 months before I could have comfortable sex again. This was 6 years ago and even now sometime the episiotomy scar feels very sorry if pressed hard.

My 2nd DC will be 2 next month, I tore naturally with her and all healed within about 9 weeks.

Kerrieanne85 · 09/09/2019 20:57

Typo the episiotomy scar still feels sore* if pressed hard

MeadowHay · 17/09/2019 14:08

Oh, OP. You are still in the trenches at the beginning of the war, there is so much healing to be had yet. We didn't have sex til DD was 9 months old. It's not that uncommon for people even if physically they heal quickly. My episiotomy took a long time to heal, there was nothing the docs could find 'wrong' with it but it wasn't pain-free until about 8 months PP.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.