My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

As with all health-related issues, please seek advice from a RL health professional if you're worried about anything.

Postnatal health

rectocele

2 replies

Napssavelives · 27/07/2019 19:18

I’m almost 5 weeks pp with dc3 and I think I have a rectocele. I feel fine most of the time but by the end of the day or if I need to have a bowel movement I feel like there is something bulging out of my vagina. I’ve looked and I can definitely see something . I’m not having any problems having a bowel movement, I’m not constipated and everything feels back to normal once I’ve been and I’m not leaking urine. It’s mainly at the end of the day I notice it- even more so when I’ve had a busy day. I’ve downloaded the nhs squeezy app and I’m really committed to going my pelvic floor exercises. And I’m making sure I’m eating lots of fruit and veg and drinking lots of water to avoid constipation.

Kind of looking for stories of it getting better, hoping that given I’m only 5 weeks PP maybe time will help too?! I feel really embarrassed about mentioning ah post natal check , making me feel a bit grim.

OP posts:
Shesmessybutsheskind · 27/07/2019 19:20

Following. I'm almost 10 years PP and have to hold my rectocele in to poop!

vickyq1983 · 27/07/2019 19:22

I would try and avoid diagnosing yourself... I did the exact same thing and scared the life out of myself. I had exactly what it sounds like you may have. I got referred to see a physio at 10 weeks pp and she diagnosed it as a slight collapse in the front wall of my vagina. Like you I had no issues with continence and she confirmed no prolapses. She gave me specific exercises to do and I'm now 18 weeks pp and I can honestly say I feel 100 times better. I wouldn't say it's completely normal down there to look at but it feels normal now.

My advice would be talk to someone... the midwifes / hv have seen it all before and far worse and it may not be as bad as you think. Good luck.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.